Voice Procedure

Can anybody help me with Soldier Voice Procedure? I'm writing a book/script that involves a few scenes involving soldiers on a reconaissance mission and I'm trying to research the lingo they would use over the radio. Could anyone help me create a mock dialogue which would be realistic? I'd need to know things like - What they would call each other over the radio and report a sighting of the enemy... that kind of thing.

Cheers.

One more question. Do soldiers like SAS even use radio on a recon mission, due to the possibility of the enemy picking up their transmissions?

"Broadsword calling Danny Boy, come in Danny Boy"

Sorry, I coudn't resist.

Hi Scazza.

I remember once on a HF cadre hearing the following.
" Broadsword Calling Danny Boy, Come In Danny Boy". I think that would sound great in a film/book. There was also the immortal " Mork Calling Orson".

Nanoo Nanoo.

Hope this helps. :lol:

Edited to say :cry: DAMN He Beat Me To It :cry:

how about

.....CONTACT....WAIT OUT...............

...................................................................................

Dont sweat it SS, thats whats known as compound humour. Clearly, twisted minds think alike. :D

Dont worry Scazza, I'm sure you'll get a serious response eventually.

What ever you do please dont have

"Over and out" winds me up constantly!!!!

scazza said:
One more question. Do soldiers like SAS even use radio on a recon mission, due to the possibility of the enemy picking up their transmissions?
scazza....time spent on research never wasted.

i believe even the SAS use radios, although apparently theirs work.

Nope they jsut use 'secure mobile' phones as they are 'special' :)

Come on then Scaz, are you a journo or Steven Speilburg in disguise?? Whats the 'script' for??

Give us the scenario that you want reporting over the net and we'll come up with your VP for you......

Given that they use Spider sense to relay information over vast distances via the power of their minds- the SAS don't use radios - but we can pretend can't we.

So what do we have, three T 72 and Pl dismounted infantry in the open, 200 hundred metres north of my location?

I'm getting into this....

LostBoss viewed the scene before him through the scope of his high powered sniper rifle. He clenched his lantern jaw. "I hate commies but love my girl" thought the strongly heterosexual hero of two wars and a fight in a chippie.

"Dagger control this is lone wolf, the eagle ha landed - unleash hell on my signal, that's my call for the record red"

Oh yes.... Don't use the quote above without naming me in your acknowledgements.

Chrs

LB

Arr, Me thinks Sandman and Sweatysock need to get together, who'd have so much in common. :D

Its a script and a novel, but the script is coming first. (for a movie) (by the way) But thats a while off.

scazza said:
Can anybody help me with Soldier Voice Procedure? I'm writing a book/script that involves a few scenes involving soldiers on a reconaissance mission and I'm trying to research the lingo they would use over the radio. Could anyone help me create a mock dialogue which would be realistic? I'd need to know things like - What they would call each other over the radio and report a sighting of the enemy... that kind of thing.

Cheers.

Hahahaha!

What, then do you propose they use? Homing Pigeons?

I will happily help if I get an invite to the premier (oh and a cut of the royalties!!!) :)

LostBoss said:
...."Dagger control this is lone wolf, the eagle ha landed - unleash hell on my signal, that's my call for the record red"....
You want realism:

5 seconds passed and a tinny voice boomed over the headpiece "lone wolf this is 98A - through me over"

scazza said:
Do soldiers like SAS even use radio on a recon mission, due to the possibility of the enemy picking up their transmissions?
If the script is about Brits don't ever use recon. In the British Army it's a recce.

whistler said:
LostBoss said:
...."Dagger control this is lone wolf, the eagle ha landed - unleash hell on my signal, that's my call for the record red"....
You want realism:

5 seconds passed and a tinny voice boomed over the headpiece "lone wolf this is 98A - through me over"
Realism Whistler it would be 21A (don't use numbers above 44 mate :wink: ) and 21 is the generic Rebro callsign

LostBoss - :D Like it. (Especially the Gladiator quote... nice)

OK here's the scenario...

Special Forces (Sans Spidie Sense) are in positions around a clearing in a forest area. They are waiting for a meeting between an arms dealer and a Militia. The Militia enter the area via boat and the Dealers in two vehicles. The mission is to aquire intelligence on and to track the dealer. Also keep tabs on the weapons that the Militia take away..... So the Militia and the Dealers meet up - the dealer demonstrates the weapon. Unfortunately one of the Soldiers is compromised and the badies set about killing the soldiers. And it turns a bit nasty.

So I need to get an idea of dialogue from the point of the vehicle entering the area and then the boat, continuing into surveiling the deal.

Zorro said:
whistler said:
LostBoss said:
You want realism:

Realism Whistler it would be 21A (don't use numbers above 44 mate :wink: ) and 21 is the generic Rebro callsign
Touche zorro :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (oh - well I laughed)

Actually, I take you back a bit (well aware of the c/s matrix) to a day when larkspur ruled the world and all rrb were 98's

I'll get me zimmer frame....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M The Training Wing 25
M Army Reserve 4
scazza The Training Wing 4