Vogelsang

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Recce19, Apr 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ferk me! it's changed a bit since I was there 8O

[​IMG]

Not only has it changed into a shop, it's moved to Dortmund as well :roll:

2. Where's the trench, barbed wire and the live bullets? :D

Litotes

3. Assume that internally there is a staircase going up to the 40th floor, where the canteen is! Photo has obviously been photoshopped to remove evidence of rain and the Norgy's of range stew.

4. Ah just the name makes my legs ache and my ears ring :D
    Mind you wear your rubber hat in the swimming pool 8O

5. Sshhh! I was deliberately keeping that out of the photo for OpSec reasons :wink:

6. Much flatter than I remember it.

7. Is the big Nazi symbol on the canteen wall?

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And brighter AND more cheerful looking :(

9. Just out of interest - has anyone got a picture of the eagle that they can post here? My "waterproof" camera drowned more than once.

10. Yes but I'll need to scan it tomorrow first.

Wait out.

11. I remember we were briefed they were using live but were they really live? Surely at the height and trajectory of the SF bang sticks in the huts there would have been a lot of unhappy pigeons in the woods behind the range??

We managed to set the forestry (across the lake) on fire with tracer from our Gimpys!! :) Mongtards!! :roll:

12. I remember thinking "they wouldn't really use live ammo, would they..."?

That was the first time I heard the unmistakeable sounds of rounds coming my way - and, as it happens, it wasn't the last! So, it was a useful training experience.

The pigeons had a small advantage on me; they could fly off out of the way! Not that I was interested in the welfare of any pigeons at the time, you understand. I was using my hands to burrow through the bottom of the trench in order to keep my arrse intact and out of the line of fire. :D

Litotes

13. When you crawled lower than a snakes belly to the otherside the SF gpmgs certainly looked to be spitting out brass from live rounds. However the pisser for me was the t wat contoling the 'hide' sound sims in every hiding place! 8O

14. Happy memories 8) Vogelsang =( home of frozen body bits, I was head falconer in Hellenthal a few kms up the road from camp ,in the early 80,s, tried to get wife number 2 to take up a job on the ranges as a target, for some reason she refused :p cant win em all,

15. Vogelsang was a great place, beat the shite out of Haltern or Seeny