Vodka

The actual translation from Ukrainian is "Greyhound" .
Yes, it is Ukrainian vodka and it is one of the best Ukrainian brands. 'Khortitsa' (the brand name) is a name of ralatively big island (12km long) on the Dnepr river near big city of Zaporozhye.
Khortytsia - Wikipedia
In 16-18 centuries the island (well fortified) was in а center Cossak army - so called Zaporozhskaya Sech. In the times of Russian empire, in 18 century German colonists (Dantzig Mennonites) settled on the island but in 1916 sold their lands. In 1965 Khortytsia Island was "proclaimed a historical and cultural reserve".

“Radish you...”. Is this a niche perversion?
Well at his age it would probably leave him in a vegetative state ;-)

Damned auto correct or smell chucker thing messing about me thinks

Just to let everyone know, this thread is going the way that I expected it to.

I do thank those who have given me some information on this and I think that I may well try it. If I don't appear after the weekend.........................

Yes, it is Ukrainian vodka and it is one of the best Ukrainian brands. 'Khortitsa' (the brand name) is a name of ralatively big island (12km long) on the Dnepr river near big city of Zaporozhye.
Khortytsia - Wikipedia
In 16-18 centuries the island (well fortified) was in а center Cossak army - so called Zaporozhskaya Sech. In the times of Russian empire, in 18 century German colonists (Dantzig Mennonites) settled on the island but in 1916 sold their lands. In 1965 Khortytsia Island was "proclaimed a historical and cultural reserve".
@KGB_resident know of any other good (but obscure) Russian/ CIS vodkas which we can get in the U.S./ UK? My knowledge of them stops at Stoli and Russian Standard.

According to quick Google search: 6 best Russian vodkas

Just to let everyone know, this thread is going the way that I expected it to.

I do thank those who have given me some information on this and I think that I may well try it. If I don't appear after the weekend.........................
Well it is in the NAAFI. ;-)

Full after action report when you get out of hospital of course :censored:

@KGB_resident know of any other good (but obscure) Russian/ CIS vodkas which we can get in the U.S./ UK? My knowledge of them stops at Stoli and Russian Standard.

According to quick Google search: 6 best Russian vodkas
I tasted 5 from this 6 brands of vodka.
I hear about Kauffman Soft Private Collection Vintage Vodka for the first time.
Mamont - it is something outstanding. It is indeed the best vodka I ever drank. Though... it is expensive.
Russian Standard Gold and Beluga - highest class vodkas.
Founder of holding 'Russian Standard' is Tatar businesman Rustam Tariko. Bank 'Russian Standard' (very big one) recently defaulted and oligarch Tariko now remains only vodka maker (the Tatars are traditionally Muslims btw).
Green mark and Moskovskaya - very good but slightly weak (only 38%) for my taste.
True vodka should have 40% of spirit, no less.
Russian state agency RosKachestvo = RosQuality presented its rating of vodkas.
Исследования качества - Водка
There are 3 groups
1. highest quality
2. high quality
3. good quality
I suppose that Mamont vodka was not investigated.
1st group. 7 brands. Here we see ... yes ... Khortitsa.
2d group. 24 brands. Here we see Russian Standard, Beluga, Green Mark. Also (from my point of view) all presented brands are very good. Sometimes I drink Bulbash - Belorussian vodka or Belenkaya.
3d group. 18 brands. Parliament and Ukrainian vodka Nemiroff are very good indeed.

Last edited:
A new gimmick; Vodka that glows in the dark! They missed a marketing trick though; it should come in a lead-lined sarcophagus.

main article image

'What can be done with the deserted land in Ukraine after Chernobyl's catastrophic nuclear disaster? Three decades on, researchers have an idea. Introducing "Atomik" vodka: a new spirit produced from crops grown in Chernobyl's exclusion zone.'

Kirkz

LE
I'm a fan of this stuff...

Not sure what it is that makes me like it though :wink:

morsk

LE
This bad boy is the dogs danglies

10667572.jpg

Vodka? No character or flavour. The only advantage it has over meths is you don't need to responsibly dispose of the plastic meths bottle. The drink of choice of raving, grundie lagging alkies and the better class of tramp.

Kirkz

LE
Vodka is a colourless, odourless and tasteless liquid.
That's alcoholic water, what else does one need.

Latest Threads