vocational drivers

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tank6275, Mar 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just about to send away for my first digi tacho card.

can anyone tell me roughly what sort of turnaround there is at the moment.

New job starts on the 16th april.

2. I sent off for one in January and although DVLA said it would take up to 2 weeks they issued mine in about 4 days.

Give DVLA a ring, I have always found them really helpful.
  3. tried ringing for information before but been totally pissed of spending half an hour going through menus in the automated voice system
  4. Apparently it speeds up the process if you have the new(ish) photo card licence.

As I said, mine took 4 days so I'd get your application in now.

I think you can apply and pay for it online, don't forget to claim the fee against tax in your next self assessment.
  5. never seen one, let alone filled one in. whats it for anyway?
    am i in trouble now :?
  6. No, it's just a method of getting your digicard fee back should you wish.
  7. My company paid for my digicard. Filled in the paperwork and Bobs your uncle it turned up a week latter.
  8. what did you do in the mean time? drive on someone elses tacho? ive got 2 weeks training to start with so they might let me away with that
  9. I don't do HGV work anymore but I got a digicard just in case.

I have been told that some companies hold stocks of company digicards for people that are going through the application process.

I think you would be better off talking to your new company about this.
  10. You can fill in the tachos manually if you are in a digicard wagon and have no card. If it is fitted with a tacho you use the tachos discs as normal. Chances are that you will be co driving to start with. I would get that paper work in ASAP. Dont forget about the bank holidays that are fast approching.
  11. fair enough, not used to all this Digi stuff yet been a civvy driver for about a year but been away from driving for a few months as been out of work. might be a bit rusty haha