VOB files

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by flynavy, Dec 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a dvd that has the last sods opera on it (a play put on by sailors before women came on board) and i think it will be of interest to some Arrsers but mainly to rum ration lot.

i want to upload it to youtube but it does'nt take VOB files and a max of 2gb my video is 3gb so i need to break it down.

i have tried google with free vob converter but it keeps taking me to AVS which is good but when i convert it leaves a little banner/watermark ont he screen and this spoils it. this is because it is unregistered, i have tried using a crack site but windows 7 wont let me do anything with it.

therefore i am wondering if anyone has a good VOB converter that is free that i can have a link to and it does'nt leave any watermarks on the film.
  2. Your best bit is ripping the video from the DVD using something like 'Handbrake' and then uploading a much smaller file size. What operating system are you on?
  3. windows 7
  5. handbrake.fr/

Would appear there is a windows version. Fairly straight forward , reply on here if you have any issues.
  6. downloaded handbrake but when i put in my file to convert it says that the foprmat may be protected or is a format that handbrake doesnt recognise
  7. Don't point handbrake at the specific .vob files, instead just point it at the DVD drive or the very first folder in it.
  8. yes many thanks for that have now got it converting. thanks for the swift replies and once i get it onto youtube i will put a link on here, just look out for sods opera!
  9. right i have got the file converted but have noticed on you tube that files can only be 10 minutes maximum length, next question how do i break up the files to make them 10 minutes long?
  10. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Windows Movie Maker, as a quick option? Not sure if it'll support the format you've converted it into, though.
  11. i have tried windows movie maker, but like you have said its not in the right format yet. just need to get it to something that windows movie maker can understand
  12. alternatively try google video it supports much larger and longer files.
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Quickmediaconverter freeware or Adobe Premier (comes pre-installed on Sony's).