VMA Sgt posting to Catterick

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Tank_Mech, Apr 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can any1 tell me what postings to Catterick will be available within the next 6 months. Last 2.5 years yipppeeee.
  2. Check your pm's.

Crap spelling.
  3. I was lookng for one aswell in about same position, posted me down south and said I had had one posting up north in last 19 years and too many seniors want Catterick/ Ripon for last post. I hear all of Catterick go to NI next year and Osnabruck moving to Catterick, dont know if youd stay up there long if true
  4. 19 Bde is now not Mech, it went Light last year. This limits the number of A mech postings. Cav have changed role, Tank Tpr sqn disbanded, Forward platoon dwindling to zero after telic 9. I wouldn't sell yourself as an A Mech (I am not asking you to squat to piss or anything!!), if you want a Catterick posting. At a push you could try the Ripon 38 Engineer route, new 8005 coming out soon.
  5. Cheers for advice was at Ripon in 1995, my only UK tour between Germany it was a very good post but always away. It is very limited upnorth for A mechs as you pointed out.