VM(B) Class 1-First week in July, anybody else?

Discussion in 'REME' started by Reme_Bloke, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found out that I'll be spending another 9 months or so in lovely Bordon as of July, anybody else know yet if they're on as well?

2. Ooh, I'm so excited about all those lovely duties alongside guard I'll get whilst I'm there:

Duty cookhouse NCO
    Bar monitor and id checker (getting to hand out wristbands to those who are legal to drink)

These are just the ones I know about, are there any more I can look forward to?

Why can't these duties fall to the duty of care staff posted there, surely they should be in their remit?

I'm not complaining, it'd just be nice to be able to get on with the course without having to babysit.

3. Is that true about the wristbands?

You forgot block babysitter, taking the roll for the scrotes in the morning.

4. tis true about wristbands probably to aid all the polish bar staff but people can just sell the wristbands for a fiver

5. Dont get me talking about guard duties at Bordon ffs....
    In 88 most of the camp was on guard.....everyday

6. Yes we had company guard parades as there was that many stagging on doing different duties, SEME Bordon its a Fcking joke now

7. i can vouch for that!!!remember getting some favours off pat one night down st lucia!!!

8. LMAO - I think I tried tappin her mate when I was legless one night.

9. Buddy, when you get there you will realise that the duty of care staff (possibly taken from your trade) will have enough to do, never mind the shit duties looking after the young uns', i managed to do duty of care whilst i was on my class one, you become a padre, rcmo, ssm, sect cmd all in one, and the shite excuses for whatever that you hear, it's hard coz there are real cases of need but the boys/girls of lies find out these excuses and use the same reasoning, bla bla bla.... Best thing is, if you pass the paab, you're coming back!

10. I'm in sunny Bordon on me class 1 at the moment mate. Referance duties they are guard 2ic, bar monitor and duty of care/canteen cowboy. The permanent staff call the roll the the mornings. If you want a word or 2 of advice just ask. If you have any NVQ certificates on the IT side of things, bring them in because you will get a load of time off of part the course.

They do a thing now where for 1 weekend every term (a term being between block leaves) everyone goes on exercise. The permanent staff kinda run it and upgraders are used as section commanders/2ics. Don't expect a bunk to live in, as odds are you will be in a 4 man room with other upgraders.

The wrist bands down the bar now get written on by the bar monitors with your number, rank, name, company and platoon so you cant give them to th under 18's.

Oh, and the watch out for thiefs there mate. We are having a bit of an epidemic of them at the moment. Little buggars!

11. Yes the wonderful Mcilmurray era with 80 Cfn on guard at a time and only around 95 in A coy SSM Dane tankie top bloke and 2lt sexy (cant remember her name but saw her in action plenty of times at officers mess semi naked.

QRF-Quick Reaction Force
    RRF-Rapid Reaction Force
    IRF-Immediate Reaction Force

All packed in top sheds, with the remainder of the guard crammed in guardroom with the scabies doing 45 mins internal, 45 minutes external,45 minutes sgt mess gate then 45 mins front gate. Always trying to stop drunks (we know who)leaving camp pissed. At least we had trusted pick head to protect us from IRA.

12. Thats the badger...C Coy meself with some mad marine major in charge.....Shit runs in the sewers......Happy days...

13. Yes the wonderful Mcilmurray era with 80 Cfn on guard at a time and only around 95 in A coy SSM Dane tankie top bloke and 2lt sexy (cant remember her name but saw her in action plenty of times at officers mess semi naked.

QRF-Quick Reaction Force
    RRF-Rapid Reaction Force
    IRF-Immediate Reaction Force

All packed in top sheds, with the remainder of the guard crammed in guardroom with the scabies doing 45 mins internal, 45 minutes external,45 minutes sgt mess gate then 45 mins front gate. Always trying to stop drunks (we know who)leaving camp pissed. At least we had trusted pick head to protect us from IRA.[/quote]

mcillmurray,what a legend!!!drink a bottle of whiskey and still "ski" around camp all day!!!i remember him jailing his pace stick,wife and a pigeon!and a fair share of us crafties!!!!!"get this man away!!!".then we,d see the big bad black as the ace of spades r.d. sergeant............anyone remember this loon??another character was good old sergeant P in B company!!! :D

14. mcillmurray,what a legend!!!drink a bottle of whiskey and still "ski" around camp all day!!!i remember him jailing his pace stick,wife and a pigeon!and a fair share of us crafties!!!!!"get this man away!!!".then we,d see the big bad black as the ace of spades r.d. sergeant............anyone remember this loon??another character was good old sergeant P in B company!!! :D[/quote]

Remember him well was on the pigeon parade about the same time he jailed the whole Tiffy courses and soon after himself when he marched on the square and suddenly about turned and marched away realising his jumper was on the wrong way-badge on wrong arm. At least SSM Dane used to get us out of jail straight away. WO1 Senior what a legend'TESTICLES'

15. Hey is this like friends re-united where you go on about the teachers? FFS.

I remember being sent to jail one morning and it was so full we all just waited around for a bit then went off to the TTA....