VM(A) or VM(B)

Discussion in 'REME' started by LopTheFlop, Feb 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,
    I intend to join the REME as a VM, however I really don't know the difference between VM(A) and VM(B), can anyone out there shed any light on the subject?
    Thanks for any help you can offer.
  2. Basically a VM(A) is trained to repair Tracked Vehicles, and a VMB(B) ,wheeled vehicles and FV430 series.
  3. VM(A) is the way ahead, you get to work on bigger things like warrior and challenger 2 whilst also you get the same training as a B mech. :thumright:
  4. Agree with what Brew_boy is saying here, join as an A Mech. Work on Challenger 2, Warrior, AS90, Trojan and Titan when they replace AVLB and AVRE and you will benefit from the same quals but also you will recieve a wider scope for postings with Inf Bn's and Armd Regts.

The only downside i would honestly say is that as an A Mech your legs hurt more when you visit the gents as you stand up to pish. :numberone:

5. You said it, squat mechs, :threaten: :yawnstretch:
  6. I am very surprised it took as many as 3 replies for the "Squat to piss" statement to come out. Im an "A" Mech to, so i do agree with this statment. I think its all a bit blured now, as Im an "A" Mech with Cheiftain and Warrior experiance serving in a light role Inf Bn (Wolf's and Daf's). But its all good fun!!!! :headbang:
  7. Thats where A mechs are more versitile as when get trained on more types of epuipment like L/R and Daf.
  8. A mech = ARRSE MECH
    B mech = BETTER MECH

A Mech or crane opperator? :lol:

9. Whatever, yuo keep telling yourself that and it will come true, maybe, lol
  10. I started out life an an A mech but soon saw the light. I probably had one too many cases of GUE knee. Sorry!!!

It depends on whether you want to be green or not, 3 Commando Bde and 16 Air Assualt Brigade don't do A vehicles, apart from the BARRV at Chivenor. Unless of course you classify CVRT's as an A vehicle. Apologies to HCR.

My advice would be to go with either choice, nothing is ever set in concrete.You could always change your mind.
  11. I dont think it matters if your A or B, if your a good VM, arm your self with an adjustable and hammer and you can fix anything!!!
  12. If you like VMing and solving problems, B mech's the way ahead, if you like taking big lumps out of oily hulls and replacing them with a slightly cleaner big lump (not very technical) then A mech's for you. :thumleft:
  13. was an "a " mech now i work on cranes,i,ve still got my old "a" mech spanners,big man spanners not girlie squat mech efforts!!! :headbang:
  14. [/b] :headbang: Im off back to a tank unit from a light role inf unit, quite looking forward to gettin back to Armour, but it isnt half easy at a "b" veh unit. Hardest thing is keeping up with the bloody MEI's and 6msi's!
  15. Go Tech. Far better than A or B Mechs...

Who will be the first to reply...?!!? heh heh!!