Vive la France!!!!!! Top attitude on asylum seekers.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Semper_Flexibilis, Sep 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wish our Government adopted the French attitude! :x

"What is needed is a commitment by the French authorities at all levels to admit asylum seekers to their procedures promptly. At present it is very difficult to claim asylum in France as those to whom I spoke admitted.
    "The French are not playing their part in allowing people to claim asylum in Calais, despite their obligation under the Refugee Convention."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/6216903/French-police-begin-clearing-Calais-jungle-immigrant-camp.html

2. yes, it is good to see, but I do wonder regarding the effectiveness of their internal security because I got the impression their police & society at large took a hammering back when the savages rioted a few years ago

3. Car-B-Q's are part and parcel of life in the Banliues.

4. The French are past-masters at looking after themselves and ignoring dictats they don't like whereas Westminster blindly follow every EU Directive and then try to go one further: ie the smoking ban which only ever banned smoking in the workplace and had nothing to say about the size, shape or design of smoking shelters!

5. Don't f*ck with the CRS, bad boys indeedy, as to the smoking ban yeah completely ignored by the French and Germans also, looks like its only the good old UK that servile to politicians whims..baa baa

6. The Germans have not ignored the smoking ban, they have merely turned it into a running goat f*ck, by allowing the various States to regulate it, with the result that what is illegal in one State is legal in the next.

7. Very true…

Mrs was most pleased to be able to spark up and have a fag after her dinner at restaurants in Germany and Italy earlier this month.

8. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

...and neither have the French ignored it, in fact they probably have the most practical implementation of it.

9. Its a shame they never showed this much 'get up and go' when the Germans were marching down the Champs de Elysesses (or however the fcuk you spell it). The CRS might well be bad boys but bad boys 60 odd years late.

In the words of the immortal British philosopher Keith Floyd, 'we must never forget that the French are cowards....'

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Yeah right :roll:

11. ...and your somewhat outdated comment relates to the topic how exactly? :roll:

12. He's new to Arrse and wanted to get a few bods on his side with a bit of "lets call the French cowards" but all its done is show him to be a proper throbber, best leave him to his colouring in books eh :roll: scuba frog ?? try and be a bit more original you troll

By the way Keith Floyds hardly f*cking immortal is he, he died last week ...nob

13. Try considering this throbber…

"World War I cost France 1,357,800 dead, 4,266,000 wounded (of whom 1.5 million were permanently maimed) and 537,000 made prisoner or missing — exactly 73% of the 8,410,000 men mobilized, according to William Shirer in The Collapse of the Third Republic. Some context: France had 40 million citizens at the start of the war; six in ten men between the ages of eighteen and twenty-eight died or were permanently maimed."

14. As a footnote of history, it's interesting to know that when they were created at the end of WW2, the CRS were predominantly staffed with Communist party members, some stemming from the FTP Communist resistance group ! They remain today one of the most unionised part of the national police.

Because of similar uniforms (the CRS wearing all dark blue riot gear while the Gendarmes mobiles wear dark blue trousers and black bomber jackets) the CRS and Gendarmes mobiles are often mistaken one for the others.

15. I had the misfortune of having to deal with the CRS at the NATO summit in Strasbourg earlier this year. They are a quite brutally efficient acting organisation, who looked quite disappointed that nobody was kicking off.

When the Rent-a-crowd protesters did start, the CRS looked almost professionally insulted that it wasn't an all out battle.

Great catering arrangements on their piquet line though. Dinner seemed to involve a bottle of red wine per man.