Visual requirements for the Paras

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by F1kus, Jul 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering what are the visual requirements for joining the Para's?

2. Before someone else says it: you must be able to recognise that every other capbadge is inferior (allegedly).

3. you have to be able to look ally

4. And by this you mean what?

5. Here we go again.

6. Same as the rest of the army. Some of us are blind as fuck. Not me, though looking at my missus I could be wrong! :?

7. You DON'T need to tell the difference between boy and girl, every hole's a goal.

8. Cheers mate, im sure she aint too bad

9. His eyes may be OK but hers must be suspect, she married a para. :D

10. Nothing wrong with flat noses :p

11. I think there's a requirement that they have some sort of astigmatism in the left eye.

This makes it impossible for them to put their capbadge over that eye, and forces it away towards the ear.

I think it's contagious.

Tankies of course have the same affliction in both eyes, which forces the badge to the centre of their foreheads.

12. Curse you! I wanted to do that one...

13. I was probabaly the best look Para in the Reg mind you I do look like the god I am - please find below a copy of what we are looking for -

We are looking for hard drinking, good looking, tough fighting, special lovers.

There are a lot of fat, ugly boring people out there. If you are one of them do not bother reading anymore. Just do one.

As a Paratrooper you will have countless fights with your fellow soliders. You will win. Whats more, you will see active service with the finest ladies the world can offer. Lucky them.

If you would like to have a bash at being a Paratrooper and can hold your own at drinking, forget the devestating implications for your girlfriend - Apply Now.

To apply as a Paratrooper you should own at least one illegal hand gun to apply please call 1000 2000 3000 and supply your fathers name (if know) and squat address.

Perhaps not such a visual requirement nut you get the drift

14. Special? Yes that's the word...special.

15. And to think he's from my Battalion! :cry: