vista now only starting in Safe Mode - help needed

Kit Reviewer
Laptop decided it won't start Windows Vista normally. I have done 3 System Restores from Safe Mode, but every time it won't seem to restart; either that or it needs some hours to do so. Now this is seriously getting on my nipple ends and need any advice that will resolve this issue. Thanks
You may want to wait for someone like MSR or PA to offer advice as I am nothing more than an enthusiastic amature when it comes to PCs but try the Emsisoft Emergency Kit (as previously recommended by MSR).

Emsisoft Free Emergency Kit: portable malware scanner | Free removal of Viruses, Bots, Spyware, Keyloggers and Trojans

If that fails, and no one else offers advice, follow the advice here READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) - MajorGeeks Support Forums I managed to follow the instructions so they are not too complex.

Once you get the problem sorted, upgrade to Windows 7. If you (or someone who uses yor Laptop) is a student, you can get an official version for about £40 from Microsoft Office Student Offer 2010 Home Software Download UK |

Hope That Helps,

Thanks for that Shiny. One major flaw; can't connect to tinterweb in safe mode!
If OJG's advice does not work use another PC to download the Emsisoft software onto a flash stick. You will then have to allow access to USB.
Can you run msconfig? If you can, there should be a tab called "Boot", check that you do not have Safe Mode ticked.