Vista - incoming huge update!

26 updates? Windows is offering me only one - "Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" Download size: 19.9 MB Update type: Optional

Although there have been quite a few updates in the last month. Is your update schedule set to monthly?

26 updates? Windows is offering me only one - "Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" Download size: 19.9 MB Update type: Optional

Although there have been quite a few updates in the last month. Is your update schedule set to monthly?
It isn't set to monthly, AFAIK. I haven't used the laptop for the last few days so it might just be catching up!!!

I have the Intel Chipset update on hold because I don't know whether it is relevant to my Samsung laptop.

The 26 updates included Visual C++, Vista security updates (lots), Office updates (lots), Framework, Server and others.

Litotes

I stand corrected. I've just done a manual update check and there are indeed 24 important and 2 optional updates.

Jeez!

23 updates, 73.4MB. 4 minutes to download, 8 minutes to install 22 of them, 1 failed. Not too bad. I'll get the failed one after I've restarted.

Hopefully...

Wonder what happened to the other three.

T

Tinman74

Careful Tinman, you'll have Maguire on your ass calling you a "Mactard".

I am a mactard, but atleast I press the on button and it works, click on software update and it works, apart from that I am as much use as a French man at agincort!

All installed fairly quickly bar this one:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 x86 (KB2446708)

Installation date: ‎12/‎04/‎2011 23:34

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 66A

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system that is running the Microsoft .NET Framework and gain complete control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information:
MS11-028: Description of the security update for the .NET Framework 4 on Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2: April 12, 2011

Help and Support:
Microsoft Support
Tried it three times but it won't have it. I'll try it again in the morning.

Macs suck if you are a gamer. There isn't one decent flight sim on mac either. Macs are for media types and facebook junkies. Not for people who want to do proper work or fun games with the power that a PC can deliver.

When I got my first Mac, I found all manner of jobs that were so simple compared to doing them on a Windows machine. Try AppleScript. Or the Automator. Even the search facility is outstanding compared to Windows. As an example, when you receive an email with a pdf attachment, OS X carries out OCR on it in the background, and indexes it for later search. For something a little deeper, compare Windows' "dir" with OS X's "ls". For something much deeper, have a look at the .NET framework, and try and compare it with Cocoa. There is absolutely no comparison. Then think that the programming environments for the iPad and iPhone are also based on Cocoa. A mini OS X on a phone or tablet.

Now what were you saying about "proper work"?
About half past two, usually. Sometimes earlier on Fridays.

(Honestly, I have no idea what the **** you are talking about.)