Vista - incoming huge update!

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Litotes, Apr 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 26 updates???? WTF?

Standby if you are on a slow link!

Lits

2. When? Linky?

3. Mine is switched to automatic/ask me. I fired up this evening and Vista offered me the lot. I said yes... and the bloody thing is struggling. Only 38% after an hour! And the laptop power supply is red hot!

Litotes

4. So what's the update involve?
    Is it a service pack?

5. 26 updates? Windows is offering me only one - "Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family" Download size: 19.9 MB Update type: Optional

Although there have been quite a few updates in the last month. Is your update schedule set to monthly?

6. I also just got the one update this morning.

7. It isn't set to monthly, AFAIK. I haven't used the laptop for the last few days so it might just be catching up!!!

I have the Intel Chipset update on hold because I don't know whether it is relevant to my Samsung laptop.

The 26 updates included Visual C++, Vista security updates (lots), Office updates (lots), Framework, Server and others.

Litotes

8. I stand corrected. I've just done a manual update check and there are indeed 24 important and 2 optional updates.

Jeez!

9. And there was me thinking I was speshul...

Lits

10. 23 updates, 73.4MB. 4 minutes to download, 8 minutes to install 22 of them, 1 failed. Not too bad. I'll get the failed one after I've restarted.

Hopefully...

Wonder what happened to the other three.

11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Windows 7........

13. Oh do **** off. Apple is for ponces. Do you have a ponytail and spectacles with red frames?

I bought a cheap Toshiba netbook from argos recently. Win7 basic required 54 updates when I first tried to log off. Took all night!

So what. It works brilliantly, especially in a wi-fi environment.

14. I am a mactard, but atleast I press the on button and it works, click on software update and it works, apart from that I am as much use as a French man at agincort!

15. Ahhh. If only the diehard Windows users would learn..... they have been fed bollocks by a marketing company for years.