Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Visors for NHS and Care Staff

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi all,

I asked for permission to post this from @Good CO and @Bad CO but no reply so I am going out on a limb here. The kids school started a mini project to raise £2k and make some Visors for NHS staff. The project has well surpassed that (currently £25k) and they are still going, having made local and national news. Please share and if you have some spare shekels, maybe donate?

Cheers.

Quiet_CO

Swinger
Schools over the UK have to date produced over 200,000 pieces of PPE. My DT Department has produced over 1000 COVID Visors that are being used in Care Homes, GP's and Hospitals in Gloucestershire, Swindon and Brum. There is a small army of people mobilised into getting the stop gap, I think the PPE is getting through locally now as I have only had requests for 60 Visors this week.

Last edited:

Unremarkable

War Hero
Schools over the UK have to date produced over 200,000 pieces of PPE. My DT Department has produced over 1000 COVID Visors that are being used in Caer Homes, GP's and Hospitals in Gloucestershire, Swindon and Brum. There is a small army of people mobilised into getting the stop gap, I think the PPE is getting through locally now as I have only had requests for 60 Visors this week.
I wonder if that's what I've been wearing today?

Quiet_CO

Swinger
Did it look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young lady manning the door (one in, one out stuff) in our local pharmacy is wearing a full face thing and says she is thoroughly fed up with looking like a welder every day

She is even more pissed off with people agreeing that she looks like a welder every day.

I thought PPE had to be made to standards?

Quiet_CO

Swinger
My visor or no visor when you’re face to face with a suspected COVID patient? Your choice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your visor which fails and you're face to face with a lawsuit...

I'm not knocking the contribution, it's a genuine question.

Quiet_CO

Swinger
Your visor which fails and you're face to face with a lawsuit...

I'm not knocking the contribution, it's a genuine question.

I have handed them to multiple Doctors, Nurses and Health carers, who were grateful to get something. Our local NHS infection control checked them over and approved and then asked for more, and more. 1060 handed out just from us since 05/04/20. Let's see about the blame game; Who let the Cheltenham Races go ahead?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have handed them to multiple Doctors, Nurses and Health carers, who were grateful to get something. Our local NHS infection control checked them over and approved and then asked for more, and more. 1060 handed out just from us since 05/04/20. Let's see about the blame game; Who let the Cheltenham Races go ahead?
Let's try not to troll and keep the thread on my original post shall we?

4.2.1 Standard of PPE
Without exception, all PPE must comply with British Standards (BS) or European Norms (EN) to ensure it meets the required standard of safety. Compliance with these standards is normally indicated by items being marked ‘CE’; the organisation will not purchase or allow to be used any item of PPE that does not carry this marking.

Quiet_CO

Swinger
Daxx, Apologies, I'll wind my neck in.

My store had a few of them, which led to this conversation between a manager and I,

Me, "Can I have a visor, boss?"

Manager, "Sorry, they're for front door staff only".

Me, "Funny, none of them are wearing visors".

Manager, "Yeah, none of them wanted to wear them".

Me, "So you've got a load of them just sitting in the office then..."

Eventually, common sense prevailed and they handed out the visors to anyone who wanted one. My request to alter it so it looks like Darth Vader or Bane from Dark Knight Rises was, unfortunately, denied on grounds of being in poor taste. Bloody political correctness. No wonder we don't have an Empire anymore. ;)

Last edited:

Endoscope

War Hero
4.2.1 Standard of PPE
Without exception, all PPE must comply with British Standards (BS) or European Norms (EN) to ensure it meets the required standard of safety. Compliance with these standards is normally indicated by items being marked ‘CE’; the organisation will not purchase or allow to be used any item of PPE that does not carry this marking.

I dont doubt for a second that all that was applicable pre covid.... they must be obtaining supplies from anywhere at the moment
Sorry, rant over, but its depressing

Endoscope

War Hero
Hi all,

I asked for permission to post this from @Good CO and @Bad CO but no reply so I am going out on a limb here. The kids school started a mini project to raise £2k and make some Visors for NHS staff. The project has well surpassed that (currently £25k) and they are still going, having made local and national news. Please share and if you have some spare shekels, maybe donate?

Cheers.

Donated mate, every little helps.

Keep up the good work