"Visitors" to ARRSE......

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by seanbean, Dec 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Every time I log on to ARRSE the "Visitors" typically outnumber the "Members" on-line by 2 - 3 to 1. Why is this? Is it because:

- They are all journos hanging on our every word (thanks Independent et al.) looking for something for tomorrows copy?

- They are senior officers who want to know what's going on but wish to remain anonymous at all costs?

- Thay are some of life's voyeurs who do not want to enter into debate/dialogue with the "brutal and licentious soldiery" but, over who we exert some sort of fatal fascination?

Invitation to the "Visitors" - register and tell us why. Go on - I dare you!
  2. and some are people who are registered but haven't logged in.
  3. and some who are just interested in the site but dont want to be a member. I looked for a couple of weeks before registering.
  4. Good point!
  5. And some have multiple logon’s :wink:
  6. Guess we are still waiting for our first new recruit then....
  7. There are also ghosts like me who are here, but are not on the list....

Woo Hoo... :D
  8. Thanks AWOL - I often wonder who the "hidden" members are (if it's an embarrasing personal problem I entirely understand!).
  9. This must be what it's like working in a recruiting office (or whatever they call it now)!
  10. There's still about 100 people looking through the window - no-one going to step inside?
  11. It would be nice if they popped into chat sometimes too. I am always nice.
  12. I looked for about a year before registering.
  13. Right you lot (about 130 of you)!

Step inside and join!

Free uniform/gun/waterskiing in Cyprus (all virtual)

Besides, I got to fill my recruiting quota before I go to bed (go on - you know it makes sense....)
  14. i dont log onto my username unless i intend to post.

when im surfing ARRSE i do it mainly in work time therefore its a shared computer... and i dont want the boss peering over my shoulder seeing EWK in the left title bar now do i? so a quick log in-post-and logoff is in order!

i remain in the shadows! muhahahaha!
  15. I give up! Obviously a lousy recruiter (can't imagine why: charm, good looks and almost inhuman sexual prowess).

Time to adopt the prone position: down, test & adjust.