Visiting Relatives in a Hospice

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cpunk, Nov 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Thinking about this this morning, I was wondering what the worst thing you could say to a dying relative in a hospice would be and came up with:

'Wow, look at you, you've lost some weight'

Any other killer phrases?
  2. 'Where's your will hidden?'
  3. i have next thursday in the sweepstake ...........can you help me out
  4. 'Can you smell that? Well I suppose the Doctor did say you'd be losing all control over your bodily functions soon'
  5. ok not quiet what i would say, but i did have a relative in a hospice, and one of the nurses had this greeting that never changed apparently, along the lines of "hello, are we feeling well today" 8O

I did also take him in a cassette so he could have a laugh "Derek and Clive ~live, he especally liked the cancer skit. :twisted:
  6. "As soon as you are better, I'll take you out for a pint"
  7. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Can I have your bike? you won't be needing it again.
  8. I've only bought one season ticket for next year....
  9. Why bother talking to them, turn up the morphine and slide on in the back box... be careful though.. the skin seperating front and back doors is very very thin on the elderly and can easily tear

10. 'People die here you know....'
  11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

'Cheer up, it may never happen' :D
  12. Why is everyone in here so yellow and depressed
  13. 'Your p!ss bag's full'
  14. "If you want to get your obituary in the papers, die a couple of days before (or a couple of months after) George Best".
  15. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

'What happened to those nice people who were on the ward with you last week?'