Visiting Kurdistan

Yeah cos gun's and knives in in Kurdistan don't kill or maim like they do anywhere else in the world and the people are so much nicer and trustworthy eh!

It isn't rocket science numbnuts!!
shush now

And that’s pretty much it in a nutshell.

With all due respect to the OP, It’s at best an expensive fools errand and could end up with grave consequences for him. Don’t kid yourself it’s going to be anything other than one of those two options.
I should perhaps add - as has been pointed out - that Kurdistan is very Islamic and conservative . Now that I've digested the OPs' post I do find it suspicious women out there are dying to meet a Westerner

I should perhaps add - as has been pointed out - that Kurdistan is very Islamic and conservative . Now that I've digested the OPs' post I do find it suspicious women out there are dying to meet a Westerner
I take it you've been there and are speaking from first hand experience ?

I take it you've been there and are speaking from first hand experience ?
I take it you didn't read my post on the first page ?

If you almost get shot by the Peshmerga for taking a photo goodness knows what a jealous husband might do to someone ?

Apart from not taking photos the other thing I did notice was the lack of women but as I said on one of the other threads involving Kurdistan the Western press make a point involving the radical democracy of the YPG etc but the average Kurd is Islamic unexposed to secular values we take for granted in the West

If you almost get shot by the Peshmerga for taking a photo goodness knows what a jealous husband might do to someone ?

Apart from not taking photos the other thing I did notice was the lack of women but as I said on one of the other threads involving Kurdistan the Western press make a point involving the radical democracy of the YPG etc but the average Kurd is Islamic unexposed to secular values we take for granted in the West
You're right I didn't read your first post, hence I asked if you had first hand experience.

Out of interest should the OP decide to go what would Arrsers recommend he wears ? nothing with a military appearance would be my thoughts including boots/watches etc , in addition carry no photos of yourself in uniform of any kind or of family members.

It is a paradox that in Turkey most Kurds vote either for the ultra-nationalist and certifiably bonkers MHP or for Erdoğan’s AKP - which preaches piety and conservatism. It’s mainly the westernised urban elite who voted for the pro Kurdish HDP, which has some links with the PKK. Be under no illusion that the PKK - globally proscribed terrorist organisation - are anything but a bunch of murderous criminals. Think PIRA and you are not far wrong. Moreover you couldn’t pass a Turkish rizla between the PKK and YPG in Syria. However, relations between Turkey and the Peshmerga are transactionally good (notwithstanding KRG’s independence referendum own goal). But at the end of the day, Turkey knows the Peshmerga are still Kurds...

Well, some nine months since my first post on this subject.
During which I've managed to go blind in one eye, and gotten lamer.
Perhaps one or another sky pixie is dropping hints , not about generally visiting Kurdistan, but about me specifically doing it.

For now, I'm settling for staying home, since self preservation beats wanderlust. The ladies continue to correspond happily enough, and the teaching website we met on has led to friendship from other teachers of English around the world.
For anyone with a modicum of grammar, history and language skills it's worthwhile joining one of the many " learn English" websites, there's an enormous appetite out there for teachers and helpers who are native speakers.
For both yourself and your students it offers a window into another world, so hopefully both parties benefit.

Anyway, thanks for all advice received, and if anyone younger, fitter, better armed, less sensible etc intends to visit Kurdistan, good luck.

Perhaps one or another sky pixie is dropping hints , not about generally visiting Kurdistan, but about me specifically doing it.

For now, I'm settling for staying home, since self preservation beats wanderlust. The ladies continue to correspond happily enough, and the teaching website we met on has led to friendship from other teachers of English around the world.
For anyone with a modicum of grammar, history and language skills it's worthwhile joining one of the many " learn English" websites, there's an enormous appetite out there for teachers and helpers who are native speakers.
For both yourself and your students it offers a window into another world, so hopefully both parties benefit.

Anyway, thanks for all advice received, and if anyone younger, fitter, better armed, less sensible etc intends to visit Kurdistan, good luck.
Sorry to hear of your shïte state, but glad to see you haven’t been stabbed and left to slowly bleed to death in a drainage ditch in a far off land in your quest to educate supple young ladies. On a more important note, did they ever send you any nudie pics you wish to share with us?

Have you got round to requesting gash shots yet?

You probably need to work harder on your grooming technique. Ask RGJ for some tips

Sorry to hear of your shïte state, but glad to see you haven’t been stabbed and left to slowly bleed to death in a drainage ditch in a far off land in your quest to educate supple young ladies. On a more important note, did they ever send you any nudie pics you wish to share with us?
The ladies do send photos, or post them just long enough to see before removing them again.
It seems that going shopping in town they need both hijab and a chaperone, but picnicking in the hills at nawroz it's all flowing hair, new dresses and dancing. A conundrum.
Equally, they'll send photos, but with faces semi hidden behind hands, cameras or other subterfuge that doesn't quite break their religious guidance but pushes the envelope.
Any arrser observer of Muslim ladies will be aware that they're quite capable of displaying their attributes one way or another when it suits them.
But, if you want photos, join one of the groups and gain access to their Facebook pages.

So a little like Bradford then?