Visiting Cadet Unit, uniform or not?

I am a member of the TA (training to become an Officer) and shall be taking my much younger brother to the local cadet unit tomorrow evening. Should I wear uniform?

Odd question I know but I have no idea, I will be dropping him off, probably sticking around for a while watching what goes and making sure he enjoys it. Uniform or not? Chinos and shirt?

Cheers
Ocelot

Civvies.

You are TA, and not signed on therefore you are, to all intents and purposes, a civvy.

Do you really want to have to call the cadet Officers sir & salute them?

Yeh you should do, when i was in cadets one of the guys Dads was a lolly pop man. With out fail every tuesday and thursday he would drop him off and pick him up in his Hi-vis vest and metal stop sign.

I am a member of the TA (training to become an Officer) and shall be taking my much younger brother to the local cadet unit tomorrow evening. Should I wear uniform?

Odd question I know but I have no idea, I will be dropping him off, probably sticking around for a while watching what goes and making sure he enjoys it. Uniform or not? Chinos and shirt?

Cheers
Ocelot
not doing the TA any favours asking stupid questions like that are you. Got any medals ? wear those as well as i imagine you do at rememberance services to try to pull some young clunge.

Cheers
Ocelot
Not uniform, not planters, not piss rig. Just clothes mate.

I got a few funny looks when I dropped my much younger brother off at cadets the other night and he didn't even thank me the ungrateful ****. Mind you, my brother is 33.

Go naked. You'll probably find the AI's dressed the same in a Storeroom in a circle playing spunky biscuit.

It's his brother I feel sorry for the most.

Especially if one day he decides to join the real army, and subsequently learns what a throbber he had for a relative.

Edit: corrected father to brother.

C

cloudbuster

Wear something seasonal. Not too flowery and definitely not too short. Try to match the shoes to the handbag, and remember; a hat isn't essential if it's an evening function.

How do you tittilate an Ocelot?

You oscillate it's tit a lot!

Drop him off, and fcuk off down the pub. You wont do him any favours hovering around the place like a bad smell.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
There may well be times other than training when it will be appropriate for you to wear uniform. This is not one of those times.

Perhaps you could go dressed as Banana Man? That should go down well with the younger audience.

I am wondering why you had to ask?

No uniform. Just No.

You are going along in a "parental" role and none of the others will be in uniform.

Firstly, it will make you look as if you work there. Then it will make you look a total plank when you explain that you are just visiting. Then your brother will be questioned all night about who you are, and why you are in uniform.

Take him along, introduce yourself and him, ask if you can have a look around or stay for a while. Keep it short and don't get in the way. On subsequent drill nights let him make his own way there if that's feasible, or just drop him off and collect him but without strolling in yourself. Save that for RARE ocassions when there's money or forms to drop off. In short, don't be an intruder. Particularly don't start offering to collect and drop off other cadets.

Drop him off and don't even get out of the car, even though your mind will be screaming at you 'GET OUT OF THE CAR AND BIG TIME IT IN FRONT OF THE KIDDIES, TELL LOADS OF BULLSHIT STORIES THAT YOU HEARD SOMEONE ELSE TELL DOWN THE LEGION, ONE OF THE KIDDIES MIGHT SUCK YOU OFF!!! GO ON, GO ON, GO ON, GET IN THERE NOW!!!!!!!
Just drive away man!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sandmanfez The Intelligence Cell 14
cosantor Multinational HQ 22
B Seniors 22