Visiting Cadet Unit, uniform or not?

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by ocelot, Aug 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a member of the TA (training to become an Officer) and shall be taking my much younger brother to the local cadet unit tomorrow evening. Should I wear uniform?

Odd question I know but I have no idea, I will be dropping him off, probably sticking around for a while watching what goes and making sure he enjoys it. Uniform or not? Chinos and shirt?

Cheers
    Ocelot

2. Civvies.

You are TA, and not signed on therefore you are, to all intents and purposes, a civvy.

3. No!! Do you take him school in your uniform??? He would feel like a dick while you get all the attention.

4. Do you really want to have to call the cadet Officers sir & salute them?

5. Yeh you should do, when i was in cadets one of the guys Dads was a lolly pop man. With out fail every tuesday and thursday he would drop him off and pick him up in his Hi-vis vest and metal stop sign.

• Like Like x 5
  6. not doing the TA any favours asking stupid questions like that are you. Got any medals ? wear those as well as i imagine you do at rememberance services to try to pull some young clunge.

7. Not uniform, not planters, not piss rig. Just clothes mate.

8. I got a few funny looks when I dropped my much younger brother off at cadets the other night and he didn't even thank me the ungrateful ****. Mind you, my brother is 33.

9. Go naked. You'll probably find the AI's dressed the same in a Storeroom in a circle playing spunky biscuit.

• Like Like x 3
  10. It's his brother I feel sorry for the most.

Especially if one day he decides to join the real army, and subsequently learns what a throbber he had for a relative.

Edit: corrected father to brother.

11. I fear that if you are asking questions like this your training will be either very brief, or very long and very hard.

12. Wear something seasonal. Not too flowery and definitely not too short. Try to match the shoes to the handbag, and remember; a hat isn't essential if it's an evening function.

• Like Like x 4
  13. How do you tittilate an Ocelot?

You oscillate it's tit a lot!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Drop him off, and fcuk off down the pub. You wont do him any favours hovering around the place like a bad smell.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There may well be times other than training when it will be appropriate for you to wear uniform. This is not one of those times.