Visit to The Weald Foundation13th July 2019

daz

LE
I am glad to say that Weald have not cancelled the open day however, .I am concerned. If the restrictions continue in to July I may have to..................buy my own cakes ! o_O
That's it, we need to declare a National emergency before it gets that far...............................................We could always reopen Gregg's if that helps :)

daz

LE
I pop in and out quickly but I use a Waiterose carrier bag
Funny thing is, I pop into Waitrose and use an Iceland carrier bag.......... saves upsetting the neighbours :)

View attachment 381622

I'm organising a visit to the Weald Foundation to view their magnificent collection of military vehicles. There are several rare German vehicles in the collection.

Bit about the Foundation off their web site -

The Weald Foundation was established to preserve, restore and maintain historic tanks and related military vehicles and equipment, principally from the First and Second World War and to educate the public about their history. Established as a charitable trust in 2003, the Foundation oversees a rare and unique collection of important tanks, armoured and soft skin military vehicles. It is considered to be one of the finest working collections in the world.

So, looking for a group of 20 to 30 people who are interested in visiting.
They are based in the Royal Tonbridge Wells area I believe. The visit will last four hours.

Can you Express your interest here please and I can get back with some dates.

This place looks amazing! Will there be any future trips to it organised?

daz

LE
Well, there's a members open day in July booked, they've not said it's cancelled just yet

Well, there's a members open day in July booked, they've not said it's cancelled just yet
Chers Daz. I dont have a membership so I wont be able to do that one Iam guessing but would be interested in the future if there was a group event organised and someone could get me in as a GUEST.

daz

LE
Chers Daz. I dont have a membership so I wont be able to do that one Iam guessing but would be interested in the future if there was a group event organised and someone could get me in as a GUEST.
Depends on who's going at the time, it would have been too late for this one anyway, but there's always next time :)

If you're into pastries it's an awesome place to go, but you need to watch one or two fellow Arrsers who are renowned for snuffling down more than their fair share. Oh, and there is a quite nice Jagdpanther to look at too.

It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to organise another Arrse day, but it needs a lot of people to attend to make it viable cost wise.

If you're into pastries it's an awesome place to go, but you need to watch one or two fellow Arrsers who are renowned for snuffling down more than their fair share. Oh, and there is a quite nice Jagdpanther to look at too.

It wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to organise another Arrse day, but it needs a lot of people to attend to make it viable cost wise.
You should never mention pastries to 'outsiders'! Never ever mention the pastries. Never!

There are tanks and things, that's all.

Nothing else. Nothing.

daz

LE
You should never mention pastries to 'outsiders'! Never ever mention the pastries. Never!

There are tanks and things, that's all.

Nothing else. Nothing.
That's true, there's no such thing as pastries on-site...........................................after @Ian525 has turned up :)

daz

LE
But there are crumbs.......................not a lot of them, but some :)

That's true, there's no such thing as pastries on-site...........................................after @Ian525 has turned up :)
they were going to waste, no one was interested, they were all looking at those big tankie things....and the lady was so very nice too...

daz

LE
they were going to waste, no one was interested, they were all looking at those big tankie things....and the lady was so very nice too...
The big tankie things................... You do know that was the reason for the visit, don't you??

daz

LE

Latest Threads