Visit to The Weald Foundation13th July 2019

Asked about the event on your behalf and this was the reply I got.

'Hi we will get around to that soon but all are confirmed providing membership is up to date then. Our admin person has been ill recently.'

So, should be ok.

daz

LE
Asked about the event on your behalf and this was the reply I got.

'Hi we will get around to that soon but all are confirmed providing membership is up to date then. Our admin person has been ill recently.'

So, should be ok.
That's handy seeing as I've just brought another camera :)

With a bit of luck there could be a place for Andy :D

daz

LE
What's the date again? I'd like to try and turn out for this one
FYI

Members Open Day 2020
03 Jan 2020

Early bird catches the worm!

Thank you to those of you who have already confirmed their interest to attend Members Open Day 2020!
All Weald Foundation Members are invited to attend the Open Day 2020. Deadline for securing your place is the 30th April. All those who wish to attend with or without guests have to respond by this date as places are limited.
04 July 2020 10:00 - 15.30

Members and guests are invited to participate in your Foundation's current leichte Panzer Spähwagen (4-wheeled German Armoured Car) restoration projects - including the Sd.Kfz.261, Sd.Kfz.223 and Sd.Kfz.222. The engineering team will be on side to discuss their part in these interesting restorations.

Three of your Foundation’s Trustees will formal presentations in our audio-visual room.
Hilary Louis Doyle (Panzer Tracts author) will discuss the latest research findings on the wartime use and production of the leichte Einheits Pkw (Light Universal Personnel Cars).

Michael Gibb will cover the restoration and evolving research for the leichte Panzer Spähwagen
Jim Dowdall (Renowned stuntman) will provide an insight into the BMW R75 and Zundapp KS750 heavy motorcycle sidecar outfits and the use of these by the Wehrmacht and a short inclusion re the use of original and post war (fake) bikes in famous war movies.

Some of the Foundation’s future projects will be available to view. Some restored vehicles will participate in a mobile display (weather permitting) and will be available for members to examine and discuss.
Rides will be provided, (weather and ground conditions permitting) on a fee basis, on some of the Foundation’s vehicles.

Parking will be available from 10:00. Coffee, tea and pastries will be provided on arrival. Formal Open Day activities will start at 10:30 and close at 15:30 sharp.

Given the success of last year's Open Day, numbers must be strictly controlled. Members have free access to the Open Day as part of the benefits package*. Register early to avoid disappointment. Guests of members are welcome but will only be able to attend if spaces are available. Tickets for guests must be purchased in advance and cost £30.

Please let us know asap if you plan to attend the Open Day by return at mail@wealdfoundation.org .
* Membership must be valid for the 4th July 2020

daz

LE

daz

LE
After another chasing email, I've had this back

Hi Darren

You are on the list. Have a good weekend

The Weald Foundation

Rugmer Hill Farm

Benover Road

Yalding

ME18 6AY

After another chasing email, I've had this back

Hi Darren

You are on the list. Have a good weekend

The Weald Foundation

Rugmer Hill Farm

Benover Road

Yalding

ME18 6AY
Yes, they are not very chatty in some of their communications! They probably have hundreds to deal with to be fair.

daz

LE
Yes, they are not very chatty in some of their communications! They probably have hundreds to deal with to be fair.
They dont need to be chatty, a quick "you're on the list" would do

LARD

War Hero
They dont need to be chatty, a quick "you're on the list" would do
I agree Daz. I’ve emailed but now I see you have had a reply I’m going to wait out.

daz

LE
I agree Daz. I’ve emailed but now I see you have had a reply I’m going to wait out.
I'd email again if I were you, I've been emailing them off and on since the start of Jan

If someone collates a list of who is going I will message the WF and see if I get a reply.

LARD

War Hero
If someone collates a list of who is going I will message the WF and see if I get a reply.
I’ll collate the nominal roll if it helps .

So if you’ve emailed WF names to me please.

daz

LE
I’ll collate the nominal roll if it helps .

So if you’ve emailed WF names to me please.
Well, I'm sorted :) @Simmerit was thinking of going as a guest?

Latest Threads