Visit to the Smoke

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Aug 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Right.

I don't know which of the Gods it is that I've managed to upset, but I have to leave God's Country on Monday to travel up to the Smoke.

On Tuesday, I'm at the Great British Beer Festival (trade ticket - Go Me), and on Wednedsay I have to be in Woking.

Where to avoid on the Wednesday chaps. I have limited time and don't want to end up drinking piss in a shithole.

Over to You.

PS I will be spending my time in Woking within striking distance of the Railway Station.

2. Most of Woking is a toilet.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I have heard that the West End is empty. If you fancy meeting in town PM me.

4. I haven't been to Woking since 1988. Nice to see somethings don't change.

5. Actually, if you guys meet in London next Wednesday let me know and I'll rock up for a few pre-tour drinks.

6. How about just hopping on the train back to London, half hour into Waterloo. If you have to be back in Woking that night then the last train is about 01:00.

7. Regret to inform you that all drinking establishments in central Woking are shitholes.

8. Mr_Fingerz

I have to be back at my startline by 1800, to travel back to God's country. 1000hrs til 1200 will be taken up with the dreaded "w" word. Other than that my time is my own - so long as I'm not encumbered by baggage.

9. I think you've replied to the wrong person.

10. Could be worse, at least you don't have to try and find a good watering hole in Bracknell town centre...

11. Yes, I did. I meant to reply to the thread and not quote you. Sorry.

12. Mr_Fingerz

Who'se God are we taliking about?

I have mountains, trees and rivers (sadly no sea); and chickens and geese to keep me occupied.

13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the Wetherspoons in woking is ok - decent choice of draught and no chavvy music. theres a few good places to eat dotted about too.

14. Are you for real? I don't know of any decent Wetherspoons let alone the one in Woking. The whole of Woking is a shit hole.

• Like Like x 2
  15. That's the wrong side of the Pennines and the rose is the wrong colour.

• Like Like x 1