Visit to the Smoke

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Right.

I don't know which of the Gods it is that I've managed to upset, but I have to leave God's Country on Monday to travel up to the Smoke.

On Tuesday, I'm at the Great British Beer Festival (trade ticket - Go Me), and on Wednedsay I have to be in Woking.

Where to avoid on the Wednesday chaps. I have limited time and don't want to end up drinking piss in a shithole.

Over to You.

PS I will be spending my time in Woking within striking distance of the Railway Station.

Right.

Where to avoid on the Wednesday chaps. I have limited time and don't want to end up drinking piss in a shithole.

Over to You.

PS I will be spending my time in Woking within striking distance of the Railway Station.
Regret to inform you that all drinking establishments in central Woking are shitholes.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I have to be back at my startline by 1800, to travel back to God's country. 1000hrs til 1200 will be taken up with the dreaded "w" word. Other than that my time is my own - so long as I'm not encumbered by baggage.

P

PrinceAlbert

How about just hopping on the train back to London, half hour into Waterloo. If you have to be back in Woking that night then the last train is about 01:00.
I think you've replied to the wrong person.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
You're not in God's country.

One travels DOWN to The Smoke from Lancashire.
Who'se God are we taliking about?

I have mountains, trees and rivers (sadly no sea); and chickens and geese to keep me occupied.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
the Wetherspoons in woking is ok - decent choice of draught and no chavvy music. theres a few good places to eat dotted about too.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you for real? I don't know of any decent Wetherspoons let alone the one in Woking. The whole of Woking is a shit hole.
no, I'm not for real. I've only lived here for two years as well.

no, I'm not for real. I've only lived here for two years as well.
I lived there (on and off) for 20 years. It's a shithole. I moved to Aldershot as a step up!

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
You're not in God's country.

One travels DOWN to The Smoke from Lancashire.
Oi, El Stoopeedo. Get my bags would you? From God's Own Country one moves south leaving Lancashire well to the right and proceeds to the Happy Hunting Ground.

Everywhere has pubs and you have pretty well the same chance of pulling / getting into an interesting chat / getting twatted /twatting in one place or the next.

Wetherspoons in Woking is OK for selection of beers, staff mostly OK.

Customers? Well, at times clearly an outstation for social services.

Get in taxi. Say "Red Lion, Horsell" About £5.00

Bit Surrey but well run, decent grub

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Sappers 2
B Seniors 22
Y Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2