Visit of The Captain General to Larkhill

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by mastergnr, Jun 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just returned from the Garden Party. What a fantastic day!!. The Royal Regiment was on form and I felt very proud to be there.

A huge pat on the back to all those involved.

2. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Agreed, it was an excellent day. As a soldier and a royallist I felt extremely proud to be saluting the Sovereign within my 5 and 20 range markers.

3. maybe we missed an opportunity for a Gunners ARRSE social???

4. Lunch with the Ultimate Boss was a good experience too - to actually be in Her Majesty's presence for the National Anthem is a special feeling.

Everybody pulled out masses for the whole day and I expect the non-serving members of the Regimental family, be it partners/wives/husbands or former serving individuals must have been seriously impressed.

Also, doesn't Larkhill look much better for the extra attention it must have received? Very smart and shiny.

5. I totally agree that it was a good day, but where was the fecking beer, once Her Maj had left it was a great oppourtunity to have a Royal Piss up.

6. It was a bit lame - Royal Garden Party without Pimms and G&T? Never...

7. Just like to say I never got to the garden party as I was working on the equipment display, But to shake the hand and brief THE Boss was a great pleasure that I probably will never get to do again.