Visit of horse guards possible?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by viceroy, Aug 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have never asked anything from anyone on this site (ok, not much anyway) and I was wondering if anyone can help. I will be visiting London from overseas with my son this weekend and I know it would mean the world to him to meet, and if he can muster up the courage, talk to a guard in uniform. He is a small lad but loves the guards.

Any chance of making this happen, however informal? Short of that, any other barracks that we could visit as civvies?

PM me.
  2. Not sure about guards in uniform, but you could chat up some lovelies in bikini type stuff as they are holding Beach Volleyball championships there this weekend ^^
  3. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

4. I think the museum at horse guards now almost shows everything. You can see the stables the lot, not sure if there's anyone serving in Knightsbridge on here. But yeh, if you find someone, it would be good to stand in the guardroom and stare at the tourists on Whitehall.
  5. MasterPlume & I were fairly promptly chased away from the entrance to the stable by a dismounted Trooper last summer...
  6. Gee gees come out at 10am and go to bed at 16.00hrs with a dismounted inspection. Shame you are not here in September as 18th/19th open house weekend, visit horseguards and see Wellington's desk
  7. Bit late with this maybe, but if anyone wants to be yelled at by the Lifeguard dutyscrew on Horseguards parade... just be a tad slow at clearing the ground when they change stags, happened to my brother once, but he's Navy so it don't count.