Visit Guernsey - kill yourself.

From what I recall, Guernsey is quite a pleasant place.
What happens if you get there, enjoy it, and think 'Mmmm, maybe life isn't too bad after all?'
Then everyone will know they're too far gone to save.

Absolutely, but what if you didn’t really want to die but someone was pressurising you?
Perhaps the middle ground is for the individual to pre book so to speak with a list of requirements
eg
Mrs L has stated if she ahs no quality of life through illness / injury or shes gone completely broken brained as in putting electric kettle on the fire, giving rabbit food to the washing machine and doesn't know who people are or where she is - she would like a one way visit to Dignitas - Im in complete agreement**

Surely in those circumstances - its very much the persons request and is it right to deny them the right to choose

**That's agrees with the sentiment - not agrees as in I will be booking her flight regardless.

As Dingerr says. What if you have enduring power of attorney over someone? Could you get them up the waiting list so that you could benefit from said person's riches? :cool:

As Dingerr says. What if you have enduring power of attorney over someone? Could you get them up the waiting list so that you could benefit from said person's riches? :cool:
Wouldn’t exactly be rocket science to put exclusions and caveats in any new law.

Like requiring sign-off from 2 geographically separated doctors, a psychologist and a counsellor. Or whatever.

No one advocating assisted dying is saying allow them to rock up on the day, driven by the beneficiary of their will and just get on with it.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I am totally in favour of this idea.

My wife has repeatedly said "Rule #1) If you ever develop Alzheimer's I will drive you to a town 200 miles away and push you out of the car with fake ID. #2) Incontinence, don't even ask for help, #3) If you ever end up in a wheelchair say goodbye to the outside world."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Sappers 2
B Seniors 22
Y Current Affairs, News and Analysis 2