Visa Scam

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Taffnp, Jan 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recieved the following details in an e mail this morning. Originated in America.

You get a phone call, is that Joe Bloggs ? yes, ah Mr/Miss X working for the Visa fraud investigation unit, we have what appears to be a strange transaction, it's £x to XXX. Your credit card number is - then they tell you the number. So you did not make that transaction ? - nope. Ok we will cancel it. Here is a report number should you need to contact visa at a later date xxxxxxx. Just to verify that the card is in your possession, could you give us the numbers on the back ? Ok thanks very much.

Of course everyone knows that with the security numbers you can purchase stuff on the net - card not present fraud.

No doubt we will all recieve the e mail warning us against this, but no harm in posting this - forewarned and all that.

2. Just to be clear: What are your CC numbers?

3. Dam dam dam!!!!! Foiled again

4. I never use mine, I use the ones I cloned :)

5. Just checked my card and I'm safe cos the numbers on the back have all rubbed off. :wink:

6. Just give them wrong numbers, they'l clone a card or try to use the details and get refused. That flags it up with the CC agency and retailers and they can start to track the fookers down.

7. Another hoax...............................Well done you spreaders of chain mail.