Visa Advice.

Discussion in 'Australia' started by dogguk, Mar 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been chosen to goto Australia to work along side the Australian Army. The only thing i need to sort out his my visa having looked on the internet can't seem to work out which visa i need or where to apply, also how long does the process take. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks In Advance

2. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

If you're still serving, then it's a bit of a no brainer.

However, if you're independent you will need to investigate a '457' visa. This is an unlimited, all privileges visa that allows you to live, work and do all other things in Oz but it requires a sponsor. Therefore the agency, whether it's the Diggers' Div or not, need to get in front of this.

3. Very quickly
    If you are on an exchange or loan service or Ex Long Look your 'visa' is organised by the MOD. If you are resigning, being made redundant, leaving the UK military and joining the Australian Defence Force the ADF sponsor your visa but only once you have been offered a position.
    Hope this helps, we have done both so please email me if you have any questions

ORFIS
    Info@orfis.org.au

Overseas Recruit Families Information and Support - Home

4. Yeah i am still serving but have to sort everything myself.

5. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

If this as an official duty you need to contact the Defence Visa Section at Main Building and they take care of it all. Very help for me when I as coming out here. Details via DII Intranet search Defence Visa Section.

• Like Like x 1