Virus Question

Apologies if asked before... I have just been reading the latest sitcom(Travelling to the Legion) by TurdKnight I mean deathknight and it dawned on me that with so many people putting links into threads what is the likelyhood of someone linking a virus? I am not totally illiterate where computers are concerned but this is something I don't know about. I mean is it possible for a virus to be embedded this way or not. I do have all the anti this and that, but am somewhat concerned now due to weirdos like deathknight. :?

Yes it is possable to pick up viruses from links without knowing. I would recomend AVAST home anti-virus, it is free and updates every day, the best thing is that it runs 24/7 sitting in the backgroundscanning everything you dowload or open. This is the link for it, http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

I have been using this for about 4 years now and it has found a few nasty things on a few sites.

If the link is to a direct download, cancel it. Bust as mentioned above, it is very easy for sites to attach malicious scripts to their pages, so a link to any site has the potential to be dangerous, but almost all modern antivirus programs cater for these type of virii.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
subbsonic Int Corps 1
blessed baby cakes The Other Half 6
msr Army Reserve 0