Virus on a Pen Drive!!

if you have a virus sweeper you should be able to point it in the direction of your pen drive and hopefully let it do the work

Fugly said:
Format it.
Have a USB drive that i use for work, and every time it goes into my laptop or my rig at home i get virus warnings, saying something is based in AUTOPLAY.EXE.

Have formatted the drive several times, even got a new drive, but is it possible that the batch files and third-party software i need loaded on the drive are kicking up the errors?
Also, it won't let me double click the drive in an explorer window, i have to right click to get in the thing!

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
SparkySteve said:
Fugly said:
Format it.
Have a USB drive that i use for work, and every time it goes into my laptop or my rig at home i get virus warnings, saying something is based in AUTOPLAY.EXE.

Have formatted the drive several times, even got a new drive, but is it possible that the batch files and third-party software i need loaded on the drive are kicking up the errors?
Also, it won't let me double click the drive in an explorer window, i have to right click to get in the thing!
Yes.

What kind of software is it? Seems strange having an Autoplay executable, if it isn't on a CD. How "third party" is it? :D

:D Got it from donkey.com!
No, it's software specific to the company/systems we are running. We have had it written for us. It isn't invasive to anything, but the batch files dump some text into the registry to allow site-specific data to be recorded and sent from one PC.

I've never found the executable AUTOPLAY.EXE anywhere. I just guessed it would be the settings file to allow Windows to open the corresponding program/run a splash screen.

SparkySteve said:
:D Got it from donkey.com!
No, it's software specific to the company/systems we are running. We have had it written for us. It isn't invasive to anything, but the batch files dump some text into the registry to allow site-specific data to be recorded and sent from one PC.

I've never found the executable AUTOPLAY.EXE anywhere. I just guessed it would be the settings file to allow Windows to open the corresponding program/run a splash screen.
Send to your AV maker and they will remove the false positive.

msr

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Tartan_Terrier Gaming and Software 39
blessed baby cakes The Other Half 6
msr Army Reserve 0