Virtus Bergens - Difference between 90L GU Bergen and the 90L Bergen?

Hi all

What's the difference between the Virtus 90L GU bergen and the other Virtus 90L Bergen? Not talking about the new supposed Mk3 one as I've not been issued that, however I do have the 90L GU Bergen.

Is the GU version a long back or something? I know it's got a top flap opening, but was wondering if the two Bergens (GU and normal 90L) are the same size?

Cheers

Hi all

What's the difference between the Virtus 90L GU bergen and the other Virtus 90L Bergen? Not talking about the new supposed Mk3 one as I've not been issued that, however I do have the 90L GU Bergen.

Is the GU version a long back or something? I know it's got a top flap opening, but was wondering if the two Bergens (GU and normal 90L) are the same size?

Cheers
Yes, same size, who would have thought...

Yes, same size, who would have thought...
I know they’re the same size in terms of capacity, however are there any other differences in the way they sit on the back? Like is one designed as a short back so it sits above webbing, and is the GU version (with the top flap), designated as the long back version? Or do they both sit the same?

I ask because the PLCE short back and long back were both 120L but both sit very differently on the user’s back

Goaty

Swinger
So assuming you're not having a wah. . .
The original Virtus bergen is the GU, the long fecking thing that looks like a civvy pack in mtp that no one uses. They then upgraded it marginally with a top flap. The latest MK3 bergen is essentially styled like a short back PLCE, looks alot like the 40L virtus daysack but bigger. AFAIK bergens sizes are all 90L, Virtus or not, the extra space comes from the side pouches.

Latest Threads