Virtus 90L Bergen

Hello, I have an option to buy the mk2 Virtus bergen and I was wondering what is your experience with it? It looks amazing to me and I think it would fit me well, however the absence of hip belt kinda worries me. Is there any way to make up for it? From what I understand hip belt is quite essential thing for such a big backpack. Is it even worth to buy? Im planning on using this backpack on multi day hikes and stuff + airsoft milsim. Or should one stick with classic bergens in mtp/dpm? Sorry if these question sound stupid or if I am looking like a poseur. I certainly dont want to pretend to be a soldier or anything and to look cool or whatnot. I'm just looking for a great backpack in given price range (up to 80£) and i think brand new mk2 surely wouldnt be bad. Thank you

Hello, I have an option to buy the mk2 Virtus bergen and I was wondering what is your experience with it? It looks amazing to me and I think it would fit me well, however the absence of hip belt kinda worries me. Is there any way to make up for it? From what I understand hip belt is quite essential thing for such a big backpack. Is it even worth to buy? Im planning on using this backpack on multi day hikes and stuff + airsoft milsim. Or should one stick with classic bergens in mtp/dpm? Sorry if these question sound stupid or if I am looking like a poseur. I certainly dont want to pretend to be a soldier or anything and to look cool or whatnot. I'm just looking for a great backpack in given price range (up to 80£) and i think brand new mk2 surely wouldnt be bad. Thank you

Attachments

• batoh-mtp-virtus-source-bergen-90l-org-british-army-94821080.jpeg
    batoh-mtp-virtus-source-bergen-90l-org-british-army-94821080.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 80
  • batoh-mtp-virtus-source-bergen-90l-org-british-army-94821178.jpeg
    batoh-mtp-virtus-source-bergen-90l-org-british-army-94821178.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 79

Stan_Deesey

War Hero

I thought that Airsoft/Milsim was all about pretending to be a soldier, and looking like a poseur.

If you don´t want to look cool, then your options are unlimited. :D

The only advice I can give you is make sure your chosen backpack has a chest strap. It makes a lot of difference when carrying a load.

I thought that Airsoft/Milsim was all about pretending to be a soldier, and looking like a poseur.

If you don´t want to look cool, then your options are unlimited. :D

The only advice I can give you is make sure your chosen backpack has a chest strap. It makes a lot of difference when carrying a load.
Well yea thats true, during airsoft we'd look like absolute poseurs.. well i hope to not look like one outside that activity, thank you for your tip.q :D

Of course during airsoft we try to imitate british army as much as possible (though we are not from UK anyway), sorry for my wording, I meant not to look like a creep during casual hikes and whatnot.

OK well, a semi serious answer then: a bergen is a specific piece of kit for a specific purpose and its design reflects that. It has to be wearable with body armour and/or webbing for example. That's why there isn't much padding on the straps and it has no waist belt. The way its compartments and pockets/pouches and its lid are designed are also for a soldier's needs. By all means buy one and use it as part of your costume if you like. But as a civvy hiker, when comparing it to the civvy hiking rucksacks your friends have, you would rapidly see its shortcomings for that.

OK well, a semi serious answer then: a bergen is a specific piece of kit for a specific purpose and its design reflects that. It has to be wearable with body armour and/or webbing for example. That's why there isn't much padding on the straps and it has no waist belt. The way its compartments and pockets/pouches and its lid are designed are also for a soldier's needs. By all means buy one and use it as part of your costume if you like. But as a civvy hiker, when comparing it to the civvy hiking rucksacks your friends have, you would rapidly see its shortcomings for that.
Thank you sir

Latest Threads