Virtualisation in the home

The general idea is that I arm the Sheriff with evidence of wrongdoing, not create it :)
If you do go down that route make sure you leave a glove that's too small for your hands at the scene, it worked for OJ.

If you do go down that route make sure you leave a glove that's too small for your hands at the scene, it worked for OJ.

I'm not looking to manufacture any evidence, just capture it as it occurs. I always strive to take the high ground, I struggle with guilt if I do something wrong occasionally. So I will catch this witch fair and square, and let due process take its course. The Sheriff rightly pointed out that there was no evidence. As and when it occurs, it shall now be in my possession.

Hopefully, there'll be no more aggravation. But if there is, I shall be better prepared.

Part of my struggle with wrongdoing is that I take it very personally indeed, if someone does wrong to me, because I would never do wrong by them intentionally.

FrosteeMARIA

LE
Gallery Guru
Seems a bit of overkill - the IP cameras I have all have an SD card slot, which can be accessed remotely either via an app or web, and can be downloaded to PC or phone. (Can also view in realtime) Each camera can be set to record either on movement alone, or 24/7/365 and variations in between! Most I paid for one was £30.

Seems a bit of overkill - the IP cameras I have all have an SD card slot, which can be accessed remotely either via an app or web, and can be downloaded to PC or phone. (Can also view in realtime) Each camera can be set to record either on movement alone, or 24/7/365 and variations in between! Most I paid for one was £30.

For sure, my cameras will operate like that too. But I didn't want to be in the scenario of individually polling the cameras, and then pulling 4K video files, which can be quite large, off SD cards. Not when for a few hundred bucks I can have an NVR solution, which by coincidence I can use for other things too. The interface of the NVR looks like this:

1646832597099.png

If I click on the recordings at the bottom, they play immediately in the live window.

One thing I am finding is that the AI motion detection is quite an art to calibrate. The cameras have 4 layers/zones of detection that has adjustable threshold and sensitivity. I'm recording a lot of swaying trees at the moment, so that's an ongoing task to tune the detection so it captures just movement of interest. I can tune out the areas with the swaying tree tops, set tripwires etc, but just haven't had time to properly set them up yet.

The NVR will also integrate with MQTT, so that opens up another dimension too, of things like turning on security lights that a PIR sensor on a standard light wouldn't have picked up on the other side of the house.

Latest Threads