Virtual Paras 10 Tab with injury advice?

loony

Old-Salt
Rolled my right ankle on the 29th october. been to Xray and no break found.

I can walk on it and it has lesser than normal movement allround.

Have been RICE

In case things did go bad, My new route is laps of my local park on grass.

My intention is to walk the route with 17kg bergen and supportive boots and strap as necessary if at all.

I have until the 8th November to get round.

The obvious answer is don't do it, heal up and wait till next year.

Not trying to be a hero but I want to do it so.... How bad can it possibly get if i do try and complete it?

Thanks

1uuKmVrl.jpg

Have been RICE

My intention is to walk the route with 17kg bergen and supportive boots and strap as necessary if at all.

Not trying to be a hero but I want to do it so.... How bad can it possibly get if i do try and complete it?

Thanks

1uuKmVrl.jpg
Forgot to Quote this for when the OP deletes it.

6 weeks rest mate.
Once swelling goes down then get the bands out and strengthen the joint as you've stretched ligaments badly therefore you'll keep rolling it.
Balance work to build your proprioception and walking on uneven terrain, mattresses are good for this.
Absolutely wouldn't bother trashing it on a 10 mile tab .
Pub physio consultation over.

Ignore the discomfort, pain is only weakness leaving the body.

Remember the mantra of no pain - no gain when you have caused lasting injury by being stupid.

It will all be worthwhile when you look back to the time you creamed in on an event which nobody knows or cares about.

Good luck.

Have been RICE

Thanks

1uuKmVrl.jpg
You have the ankle of a Lady my Lord.

loony

Old-Salt
6 weeks rest mate.
Once swelling goes down then get the bands out and strengthen the joint as you've stretched ligaments badly therefore you'll keep rolling it.
Balance work to build your proprioception and walking on uneven terrain, mattresses are good for this.
Absolutely wouldn't bother trashing it on a 10 mile tab .
Pub physio consultation over.
Thanks

Read up on red light therapy then go buy the appropriate infra red lamp.

When I trained for a [failed] course back in the mists of time an orthopod gave me advice on how to strengthen my ankles as that was apparently the main injury of doing hill walking with rucksacks. His advice was to roll the ankle applying downward pressure, the best way of doing this is to place a tennis ball under your foot, push that downwards whilst rolling your ankle back and forth, left and right.

loony

Old-Salt
Read up on red light therapy then go buy the appropriate infra red lamp.

When I trained for a [failed] course back in the mists of time an orthopod gave me advice on how to strengthen my ankles as that was apparently the main injury of doing hill walking with rucksacks. His advice was to roll the ankle applying downward pressure, the best way of doing this is to place a tennis ball under your foot, push that downwards whilst rolling your ankle back and forth, left and right.
Thanks for advice.

D

Deleted 166591

Aw shucks, is someone seeking some validation online from a bunch of strangers?

Grow the **** up. Nobody cares about your ankle or event. You already know the answer to your question. Try it and cream in and be a hassle to the NHS or try it and realise all you’ve done is further damage an already damaged bone/ligament/tendon and cause hassle. Failing that pull out, RICE and crack it next year. What an absolute tube you are!

loony

Old-Salt

Grow the **** up. Nobody cares about your ankle or event. You already know the answer to your question. Try it and cream in and be a hassle to the NHS or try it and realise all you’ve done is further damage an already damaged bone/ligament/tendon and cause hassle. Failing that pull out, RICE and crack it next year. What an absolute tube you are!
Nope and whatever, Like I havent heard shit like that on this forum before... how original.

Check you Capt. Welfare.

D

Deleted 166591

Intensive training on a pre-existing injury is a bad idea, it really isn’t rocket science. Clearly this isn’t a niggle. Your foot has swollen up like a balloon and that bruising is tracking up towards your calf. If anything the only thing you should be considering is an X-Ray if it doesn’t calm down in the next week. Stop being a muppet and don’t break yourself for your ego.

loony

Old-Salt
if you bothered to read the fkin first post you would see ive already had an Xray.

Minor injuries said RICE it which ive been doing.
Im not an bleeding ankle injury expert, I am unlikely to see a physio from the NHS anytime soon (probably 6 months time maybe) although there is an appointment made.

I came here for Advice from people that probably deal with this type of injury weekly or have done.

As you say apart from questioning my intergrity and intelligence, get fucked. As for the advice and information thank you. Thats all I came here for. Im glad slagging me off made you feel better.

if you bothered to read the fkin first post you would see ive already had an Xray.

Minor injuries said RICE it which ive been doing.
Im not an bleeding ankle injury expert, I am unlikely to see a physio from the NHS anytime soon (probably 6 months time maybe) although there is an appointment made.

I came here for Advice from people that probably deal with this type of injury weekly or have done.

As you say apart from questioning my intergrity and intelligence, get fucked. As for the advice and information thank you. Thats all I came here for. Im glad slagging me off made you feel better.
I'll wager you don't complete the event.

I'll wager you don't complete the event.
Yeah, he might, but there could be serious long term damage done.

Ankles (our bread & butter call outs) damaged various ways can reduce, and stop, blood flow to the foot - if we can't get a pedal pulse ever after a bit of pulling about, we treat as possible for loss of limb and if possible get a heli out - it's that important.

But I'm not massively impressed that the question was asked in the first place to be honest, so I didn't bother giving any advice to start with as I doubt it'll be heeded. Hope to be proved wrong.

ETA - I don't think we wanted to win, we didn't want to see you **** up your ankle possibly for good.

loony

Old-Salt
Yeah, he might, but there could be serious long term damage done.

Ankles (our bread & butter call outs) damaged various ways can reduce, and stop, blood flow to the foot - if we can't get a pedal pulse ever after a bit of pulling about, we treat as possible for loss of limb and if possible get a heli out - it's that important.

But I'm not massively impressed that the question was asked in the first place to be honest, so I didn't bother giving any advice to start with as I doubt it'll be heeded. Hope to be proved wrong.

ETA - I don't think we wanted to win, we didn't want to see you **** up your ankle possibly for good.
Heeded and Thankyou.

Latest Threads