Virginia is for Lovers

Discussion in 'Travel' started by blue-sophist, Apr 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

OK, I'll admit it ... I was browsing Rum Ration while ARRSE was being sick, and I found they had a thread on US Holidays. Here's what I said ...

And please do feel free to PM, unless you're taking the pi66, in which case please don't bother :lol:
  2. Sucks for Mexican food, though. :-D
  3. blue-sophist

I could guarantee there will be a restaurant in Del Ray that would persuade you otherwise, actually! I just can't remember the name, but friends took us there one evening :wink:

Or seafood in Old Town Alexandria, of course ...
  4. I'll take the seafood. That's something you can't get in the same grand style on the West Coast, unless you go to Baja.

I do love addition to your list, I'll add.

If you're a history buff, do one of the Civil War battlefield tours. Some of the scenery in those spots, particularly the lowlands, is unrivalled anywhere in the States for greenery and beauty.

If you're lucky you can also see some of the older churches and buildings - very similar to country architecture in England, and really gives you a sense of the dignity and grace of the culture.
  5. blue-sophist

Excuse me, Sir ... I think I mentioned scenery and battlefields. :)

Especially the latter, as I have a book-case full of stuff on that, that I pick up at the Annual fund-raiser at Fort Ward, a part restored Fort that was part of the defences of Washington :wink:

Be very careful, or I'll start posting pictures as well!!

Enough for today ... you have a good one. 8)