Virgin London Marathon 2012 - Arrse Runners

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Goatman, Sep 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

As the 2011 thread is looking a bit dusty I thought I'd open a new one for the London marathon in 2012......what a year to do it!

dear Mods, plse transfer posts relating to the 2012 race in here...tidy, see ?

You jammy bar stewards with places.....if I can't run I damn well WILL be there cheering myself horse.....haws.....whor.......till my throat hurts.......
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Just seen on a RunnersWorld thread that some people have been getting the packs through the post today...
  3. I've already signed up for Paris as I'm sure yet again my name won't be picked out the hat ... and if it is then I will defer to 2013. Will I still be alive then?
  4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hope owe me a Guinness ! ;-)
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Third time unlucky for the Kirtchen Gestapo, rejection arrived today. I told her to go for Dublin so could enjoy my self for a few hours, but did she listen.
  6. I'll get you one in November, if I survive Venice ....
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Coo, I'd forgotten Venezia.....when ? Justgiving ?
  8. I've thought about doing a full marathon for a couple of years, but with my rather haphazard training it may be not be a very good idea! If I manage to stick to a proper training schedule, I think I'll go for the North Sea Beach Marathon, or perhaps the Copenhagen Marathon. Both of these may be good alternatives for those of you who can't get a place for London.....

I've run the half distance a few times at the Beach Marathon, it's an enjoyable and very different race. Highly recommended!
  9. Oct 23, and it's just a fun run. Cough. If I fall in the water I get rescued by a dog ...

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hee'll notice nobody can follow that ! Dog cool, gash helo :)

on another tack, I have 9 days to get back into 'I can run....see Jip Run......' very first Royal Parks Half Marathon on 9 Oct....this may be a challenge too far ....
  11. Goatman - Good luck at Royal Parks HM, is it a busy one? I need to get my act together and do a HM to sort my PB out.
  12. Well no surprises there.

Last LSR knocked out on Sunday, a very hot 20 miler with lots of hills .... getting stuck into the carb loading now :)
  13. Does that mean that anyone can turn up and throw their dog in to have a crack at rescuing you?
  14. Just entered the ballot for my club place. Fingers crossed.
  15. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Yes its a busy Half...and I was chuffed to get in to register about 4 months ago....and yesterday I pulled a muscle in my back and running 13 miles on Sunday is looking more than a little dodgy (whinge, whine,wimp....)....given the number of runners, probably not a good one for a PB.....need a flat out and back in East Anglia ! Or indeed the Gosport Half......not too many hills by the seaside hereabouts......

FMP - met a Scottish lady yesterday who lives in Venezia ( we were queuing for a plane to get us both OUT of Naples , a city on which she had strong opinions) - and I told her to look out for a smallish,blondish ferociously determined Scot in an Irn Bru singlet haring around her adopted hometown shortly ....... she's about your height, same haircut but about three times your circumference :) if you get a loud shout in broad Scots from the waterside that's why... Good luck for Sunday October 23rdanyway :thumright:

Anyone else got their confirmation/bad luck notice from VLM yet ?