Virgin London Marathon - 17th April

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
In four weeks time (17th April to be exact) I and some other like minded Arrsers will be taking a gentle stroll through the street of London along with a few thousand others.

Like everyone else I am hoping to raise some cash for charity. I would like to get some extra funds headed towards hols4heroes, so I have a t-shirt made with their logo on it (so those that are watching look out for a knackered bloke in a white t-shirt with holidays4heroes written on it) to show my support and this is the equivalent of a just giving page (a thread in the NAAFI on Arrse).

I will be at the start line (well as close as possible) at 09:45 and will be crossing the finish at about 13:45. By the time of the run I will have put in 6 months of training (tomorrow I will be running 22miles which should take me about 3.5 hours) plenty of sweat some minor niggles and loads of moaning (not just from the wife).

So if any of you fine, fine people fancy sponsoring me, please mention in this thread and send some pennies towards h4heroes. Any and all amounts will be gratefully received.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thought about advertising this round the office, mate?

P

PrinceAlbert

You're still a virgin?!?! I'll send a few sheckles over for your efforts. I ran a half marathon once.....it nearly killed me.

A

allgone2ratsh1t

A white tshirt? You ponce. Get a pink one like I had to wear for the Bristol Half last year. Chafed my nipples red raw. Good luck.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I saw you at that, very fetching it was too, tried to get a pic as you ran behind the Watershed to the finishing line, but some f'kin yokel stuck their inbred dwarf in front of the lense.

A

allgone2ratsh1t

I saw you at that, very fetching it was too, tried to get a pic as you ran behind the Watershed to the finishing line, but some f'kin yokel stuck their inbred dwarf in front of the lense.
So did BigBird and she thought my pins were gorgeous as. Stumplike but gorgeous as.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'm a tight cunt and white was the cheapest. Besides, pink doesn't go well with my hair do.
What fkin hair?? It'll match your scalp after a day in the sun though ^^

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Not sure on the start yet, will find out on when I go to the VLM show. Although my number is 6269, so I might be at the main one. As for startegy, I am going to run as fair as my legs will let me, then walk and if I have too, crawl to the finish. i am going to stick to the edges at the biginning, as it might provide room for passing people.

I'm looking good for a sub 4 hr run, so even if it takes me 30 min to cross the start line, I should still complete in 4.5 hours, which I would be happy with.