Virgin London Marathon - 17th April

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by terroratthepicnic, Mar 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

In four weeks time (17th April to be exact) I and some other like minded Arrsers will be taking a gentle stroll through the street of London along with a few thousand others.

Like everyone else I am hoping to raise some cash for charity. I would like to get some extra funds headed towards hols4heroes, so I have a t-shirt made with their logo on it (so those that are watching look out for a knackered bloke in a white t-shirt with holidays4heroes written on it) to show my support and this is the equivalent of a just giving page (a thread in the NAAFI on Arrse).

I will be at the start line (well as close as possible) at 09:45 and will be crossing the finish at about 13:45. By the time of the run I will have put in 6 months of training (tomorrow I will be running 22miles which should take me about 3.5 hours) plenty of sweat some minor niggles and loads of moaning (not just from the wife).

So if any of you fine, fine people fancy sponsoring me, please mention in this thread and send some pennies towards h4heroes. Any and all amounts will be gratefully received.

2. Thought about advertising this round the office, mate?

3. You're still a virgin?!?! I'll send a few sheckles over for your efforts. I ran a half marathon once.....it nearly killed me.

4. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

I have yes, but that means going through my CM, so if you want to band it around for me, I won't argue.

5. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Well I'm a marathon Virgin yes. Thanks for the sheckles, MDN needs more hampsters.

6. A white tshirt? You ponce. Get a pink one like I had to wear for the Bristol Half last year. Chafed my nipples red raw. Good luck.

7. I saw you at that, very fetching it was too, tried to get a pic as you ran behind the Watershed to the finishing line, but some f'kin yokel stuck their inbred dwarf in front of the lense.

8. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

I'm a tight cunt and white was the cheapest. Besides, pink doesn't go well with my hair do.

9. So did BigBird and she thought my pins were gorgeous as. Stumplike but gorgeous as.

10. What fkin hair?? It'll match your scalp after a day in the sun though ^^

11. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

Bump - plus some words to make up the 10 charactor rule

12. I'll throw some pennies your way .... do you have a link, or do I just hand it ver to PG?

13. terroratthepicnic

1. ARRSE Runners

I don't have a just giving page or anything, so just throw some towards the hols4 heroes guy's and gals.

Visiting here would do the trick though.

14. Which start are you going from ? It took me half an hour to cross the start line in 2006. Do you have a race strategy ?

15. That's throwing up an error page saying "This recipient is currently unable to receive money" .. strange.

I'll see what I can do ....