Virgin Atlantic 12% off flights.... crap!

Have just looked up a quote on Skyscanner for me and the missus to India with the little one (2 months) and am looking forward to the "discounted" rate they quote give over the phone.

Skyscanner has given £820... non-discounted...

Holding the line

Why the hell would you do long haul with a tiny baby? Never mind risk diseases in the shit hole.
The locals will just have to put up with the risk tourists babies pose

Well it was cheaper for Skyscanner, so the discount used via the phone number is still rip off, cheaper to use skyscanner and compare fares

Did the journey.

The aircraft was a Boeing-777 although obviously one the older shite models with no USB port for charging mobile devices, no AC port for laptop devices, the handset for calling the flight attendants didn't work and had that ancient thing for sliding a credit card to make an international call and that didn't work either, I think they are running these until they are on their last legs, right until the wheels fall off, which I'm surprised it wasn't...

The staff were miserable but who can blame them, after reading the article online it seems morale would be rock bottom with cuts and uncertainty in the airlines future, the totty barely looked out of their teens and they also skipped the inflight safety breifing which I believed was mandatory for flights.

Flight itself was painless, free booze and the scoff was crap but the legroom was generous me and the other half had a bassinet seat, my advice if you have the extra moolah fly with someone else, but for shaving beer tokens off can't be beat.

India still stinks

Have you thought about getting the Virgin Atlantic air miles credit card? You can get free companion tickets if you spend enough on it each year.

Might be a way for you to travel in more comfort while retaining beer tokens, especially if your other half is from there and you go over a lot.

they also skipped the inflight safety breifing which I believed was mandatory for flights.
Did they at least play the safety briefing video? I've had this happen once or twice (can't remember which airline now) where they played the safety video on the screen in front of you, but not a live demo. Maybe they can get away with it, if they have at least one of those two done. Not sure.

I flew Jet once from LHR to DEL. I thought it was okay for an economy flight. Better that the usual American Airlines flights I end up on sometimes. From what I remember, mine was a 777 as well and did have a USB port in the front of you for charging your phone etc and a socket in the seat for your power supply. Maybe it was one of the newer ones. This was a few years ago though.

Did they at least play the safety briefing video? I've had this happen once or twice (can't remember which airline now) where they played the safety video on the screen in front of you, but not a live demo. Maybe they can get away with it, if they have at least one of those two done. Not sure.

I flew Jet once from LHR to DEL. I thought it was okay for an economy flight. Better that the usual American Airlines flights I end up on sometimes. From what I remember, mine was a 777 as well and did have a USB port in the front of you for charging your phone etc and a socket in the seat for your power supply. Maybe it was one of the newer ones. This was a few years ago though.
NOPE!

Well good thing you didn't fly with these guys then.
co-pilot: "Cap'n, did you hear that? It's a bit loud too"
Captain: "Nah, someone just've just farted. Keep going."

How the F do you fly around for so long with this sort of damage without even bothering to investigate?

AI plane flies 4 hours with ruptured belly, lands safely

Air India Express 737 Hits ILS, Damages Wall on Departure, Flies for 4 Hours Before Diverting – Flightradar24 Blog

And the pilots landed the plane only after the airport authorities ordered them to. Go figure!

Well good thing you didn't fly with these guys then.
co-pilot: "Cap'n, did you hear that? It's a bit loud too"
Captain: "Nah, someone just've just farted. Keep going."

How the F do you fly around for so long with this sort of damage without even bothering to investigate?

AI plane flies 4 hours with ruptured belly, lands safely

Air India Express 737 Hits ILS, Damages Wall on Departure, Flies for 4 Hours Before Diverting – Flightradar24 Blog

And the pilots landed the plane only after the airport authorities ordered them to. Go figure!
The name Air India says it all...

Nah, ended up going with Jet Airways, googled up the aircraft and it's a Boeing 777 so its quite spacious either way, they are part of the network anyway and aren't too bad but not as luxury as Virgin
Having flown virgin on longhaul, I found the headrests to be almost painful.... not at all comfortable for an 11 hour flight :(