VIP protection/Defensive driving

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by vandyke, Jun 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where i can get some info on CP Defensive driving. Online preferably.

Before you ask, Im not a Walt. I have 2 CP Drivers at my work but both think that it is just a matter of driving from a-b. Cant sack them so thought id try and educate them.

Thanks in advance

2. Try the the Longmoor group, I know at least one of their team has a lot of experience in this field.

3. Clearly they are not CP drivers then!

Unless they are just drivers who happened to be trained in CP, which makes them drivers who happen to be qualified in CP.

CP courses do not have to include any driving instruction!

4. So what CP course did they do as the vast majority of courses have a module of driving in them.

5. My point exactly, they are provided by our security company and are supposed to be trained to a Standard. We had a talking to them yesterday and suddenly my tail driver seems to have remembered some of the basics, However the lead vehicle driver is useless.

Thanks for the links guys, I wish i was able to send them on courses but its not that simple. So was looking for some info online that i could print off and give to them. I am not traind in CP work but still have more of an idea than the muppets we are supposed to trust.

The media quite rightly have made a fuss about the 5 hostages in Iraq, That is a daily occurance down here, So anything i can do to improve these guys would be a bonus.