Violence.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by samain11, Jun 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watching a TV adaptation of "Tom Browns Schooldays" on a wet Sunday afternoon, I was startled to hear our hero Tom Brown inform a young colleague who "didn't believe in violence" that "you are British...of course you believe in violence". Is this true..or are we just misunderstood?

2. I was more alarmed to see a very young Stephen Fry attempting to act.

3. We certainly seem to be the first to jump into any situation and kick fuck out of everyone else regardless of who's side were on :)
    Fucking solid us Brits :thumright:

4. Don't worry Harry Flashman will be along to use the little prig as a crumpet rack shortly.

5. You don't get to rule over 458 million people, one-fifth of the world's population at the time and more than 33,700,000 km[SUP]2[/SUP] (13,012,000 sq mi), almost a quarter of the Earth's total land area by being soft!

• Like Like x 2
  6. When a race is composed of a mixture of warrior genes, the end result is going to be a warrior race. Celts, Romans, Vikings, Saxons, Normans, Jutes, etc were not immigrants. They were conquerors, and all had to fight for their place here. There was no nice man at the beach to welcome them and give them homes and jobs.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had a conversation with a septic a few years ago whilst in America, and pointed out how litigation-happy they were. He stared at me in complete horror when I said that if we had a problem with our neighbours, a quick bop on the nose sorted out and they probably end up being our bezzies after that.

Mind you, I suppose if you tried that over there, the neighbour is just as likely to disappear into their house and come back out with something semi-automatic...

8. How come many of this warrior race, especially those in goverment and/or the establishment, have morphed into limp wristed, rose tinted spectacle wearing wimps who allow any Jonny come lately to stroll in & take those homes & jobs and continue to allow countries we either fought against (and beat) or liberated, to dictate what we must or must not do?

9. How old are you, 12? FFS

*glares venomously*

• Like Like x 1
  10. "The English execute an Admiral from time to time, to serve as an example to others" Comment on Admiral Byng,s execution...."At 10 o'clock Mr Byng was shot and put in his coffin", shiver me timbers and rattle me throttles.

11. Too many, that's for sure.

12. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Al Murray: "Do we have anyone in from overseas tonight?"

Bloke shouts that he does.

Al Murray: "Welcome sir. From which vanquished nation do you hail?"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Fuck knows, but I think guilt comes in it somewhere down the line.