Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Violence in the foyer.

A cinema chain has banned the film that seems to have sparked this incident.
BBC-backed gang film Blue Story banned from Vue cinemas after record number of 'serious incidents' in 24 hours including mass brawl outside screening

Talking of racism, I've spent the afternoon hearing radio station callers saying the Vue cinema chain is racist as it won't continue screening this film.

Later in the afternoon Vue released a statement saying they had at least 25 separate incidents during 16 screenings on the first day of release. That's a far differently proposition than one incident at one screening.

Radio 5 has a chap on about twenty minutes ago who is the chairperson of a charity representing black youth.

He was asked why he though kids were kicking off at screenings and his reply was brilliant and honest, he said: stupidity and ignorance.

A cinema chain has banned the film that seems to have sparked this incident.
BBC-backed gang film Blue Story banned from Vue cinemas after record number of 'serious incidents' in 24 hours including mass brawl outside screening

We Know,............Nice one trig, only #122 posts too late.

Talking of racism, I've spent the afternoon hearing radio station callers saying the Vue cinema chain is racist as it won't continue screening this film.

Later in the afternoon Vue released a statement saying they had at least 25 separate incidents during 16 screenings on the first day of release. That's a far differently proposition than one incident at one screening.

Radio 5 has a chap on about twenty minutes ago who is the chairperson of a charity representing black youth.

He was asked why he though kids were kicking off at screenings and his reply was brilliant and honest, he said: stupidity and ignorance.

Sums it up, these scumbags are making money out of fostering hate and division with their so- called music.

The west indians seemed to be very keen on integrating, and they did well, they initially had an uphill struggle, but now these tossers have turned it all to ratshit.

The inevitable "keep in going" petition!

I saw Rollerball as a kid (14), yet I never felt the need to be dragged around by a motorbike whilst wearing roller skates and a spiked glove, dishing out violence to all and sundry.
I saw Goldeneye as a 19yr old student and since then I have actually had the overwhelming urge to drive an MBT at full chat in a reckless manner through a major city full of culturally and historically significant architecture and street furniture, on the other hand.

The closest I've got is taking a '432 for a closely supervised spin around the training circuit at Bovvy.

I remember in 1979/1980, going to see a double bill of Quadrophenia and Scum at Walsall ABC, without a hint of bother.

In about a week from now, it will be 40 years since I went to see my first live concert, featuring my 2nd favorite band. There was a bit of bother, but only because when people heard the sound check they thought they were missing the start of the concert.

Easy Rider was banned in most of the UK when it first came out.......

We found out it was playing in South Shields....... several rows of spaced- out stoners daren't move from our seats for fear of falling over.

The inevitable "keep in going" petition!

I really think some people need to be spoon fed with ideas and can't think for themselves.

Two cinema chains have stopped showing this film, if someone wants to see it go to a cinema chain that is still showing it.

Or, maybe have a serious word with the kind of idiots who have deliberately spoiled the opportunity for this film to be seen by its target audience.

Unfortunately that is Luton for you - to be kind I'll just say that it is a funny old place!
Having lived just over the border in N. Herts for fifteen years I can safely say (now that I live nowhere near the dump) that if there's ever a yearning to test a Trident before it reaches its drop-by date then Luton is the ideal proving ground.