Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Violence in the foyer.

A film about gangs by a rapper-turned-?
Who would have thought.

Cinema chains pull gang film after 'machete' brawl

In an Instagram post on Sunday afternoon, the rapper-turned-filmmaker wrote: "Sending love to all those involved in yesterday's violence at Star City in Birmingham.

"It's truly unfortunate that a small group of people can ruin things for everybody.

"Blue Story is a film about love not violence.

"I hope that the blame is placed with the individuals and not an indictment of the film itself.

"I pray that we can all learn to live with love and treat each other with tolerance and respect."

But it must all be a mistake, it's the bbc after all.

Despite the reaction of cinema chains, BBC Films, which developed and co-financed the film, said it was an "outstanding, critically acclaimed debut feature which powerfully depicts the futility of gang violence".

It added: "It's an important film from one of the UK's most exciting new filmmakers which we're proud to be part of."

It was that lot waiting to get to see Frozen 2, I bet.

Slime

LE
A caller to Radio 5 defended this film in very strong terms this morning.

The lady who called in defended the film saying it wasn’t condoning violence but was about love. she said the teenagers who were fighting or arrested were too young to see the film so couldn’t have been there to watch this film, and added that those arrested were Asian and NOT black.

She commented further that the filmmaker is massively talented and will be the next Spielberg!

It must be clarified, that she hadn’t been in any of the cinemas where there had been trouble, and hadn’t even seen the film!

Slime

LE
I’ve now heard three different people say those arrested were all too young to have seen the film so couldn’t have been there to watch it.

I suspect that because ONE person arrested was too young that will now mean all those arrested were too young............. even the nineteen year old.

I’ve also heard two people try to blame vue cinemas on the basis the radio callers ‘were assuming’ that Vue cinemas were admitting underage kids (including that nineteen year old again).

Hold the phone, a caller from Yorkshire is on Radio 5 right now and has said the film maker deserves an oscar!!!!,
The caller says this is the best film since I Daniel Blake.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Here's a link to the first film in the series:- Shiro's Story - Wikipedia
It mentions love too, as well as gangland rivalry.
Here's a link to the 2nd film:- Blue Story (2019) - IMDb
No mention of love, but it does mention London gangland rivalry again.
I see a theme occurring here and it isn't love!

Slime

LE
I remember in 1979/1980, going to see a double bill of Quadrophenia and Scum at Walsall ABC, without a hint of bother.

West side story has almost the exact same theme as this latest film, that has been watched for decades without issue.

The discussion on Radio 5 has just ended, one of the final things said was that:
Vue cinemas should have scheduled the film at a different time so no young kids were there to see Frozen 2 (so the cinema to blame, not the people who chose to carry a machete).

And, the kids were fighting as ‘there is nowhere for them to go’ (while talking about kids who had a cinema to go to).

Dark_Nit

LE
Book Reviewer
I have just watched Brighton Rock on DVD.

There was at least one other gang related film on Talking Pictures TV last night (can't remember the title) but no hint of violence when either film was released

Remembered - The Frightened City

A fortnight back, a fatal stabbing took place at the Hillingdon Civic Centre, Uxbridge during a council-run knife awareness session.

It seems that there is no bad time for a shanking. Those black people don't seem to like black people very much, do they?

Here's a link to the first film in the series:- Shiro's Story - Wikipedia
It mentions love too, as well as gangland rivalry.
Here's a link to the 2nd film:- Blue Story (2019) - IMDb
No mention of love, but it does mention London gangland rivalry again.
I see a theme occurring here and it isn't love!
You have to ask the question who is the target audience for this film, if it's not these little plastic gangster wannabe shït cünts.
It's hardly likely to be popular viewing at the local WI.

philc

LE
Well here’s our little cinema goers.

7F6E2B34-F3EC-4659-BBAC-61826D0805FD.jpeg

Lacking Moral Fibre

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I'm all for wannabe gangsta's knocking or slicing lumps out of each other as long as Joe Public is out of the way.
However it would have been great to see the plod go in swinging big sticks and making examples out of these feral youths.
If they know the boys in blue are gonna hurt them and the courts and lock them up IMHO these crimes will be less popular.

Slime

LE
Hold the phone, a caller from Yorkshire is on Radio 5 right now and has said the film maker deserves an oscar!!!!,
The caller says this is the best film since I Daniel Blake.

That really is damning with faint praise

Slime

LE
A fortnight back, a fatal stabbing took place at the Hillingdon Civic Centre, Uxbridge during a council-run knife awareness session.

It seems that there is no bad time for a shanking. Those black people don't seem to like black people very much, do they?

Surely that made for a successful awareness session, they must have left being fully aware of the dangers of knife crime

Latest Threads