Violation of human rights!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Delhispearman, Jun 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got a speeding fine today here in Germany, nothing unusual about that!
    But the letter that came into the headquarters was addressed to the CO.

If I worked in a bank and was caught speeding would the letter go to the bank manager or come to me?

I know the answerto the question above, but was just wondering, 'Is this a violation of my human rights?'

Yes.................I was speeding and must man up but come on!

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Standard, I'm afraid.

Do you really think the CO looks at every speeding fine.

Move along, nothing to see here.

3. (I know it's the NAAFI but)
    Which bit of the HRA would you suggest has been violated ?

4. The right to privacy I suppose.............

If I worked in a bank the bank manager wouldn't know that i had been speeding or anything else I had done. Why should the CO?

5. Wasn't it 'human rights',or something similar, that stopped SSVC/naafi etc sending letters to the CO about debts?

6. Would that not be the data protection act?

7. I can see your point. I got caught by a copper pissing in a carpark at Wembley Stadium a few years ago. He was ex RAF and thought it amusing as he took the false details of my Unit and OC.

8. I had a credit company actually phone up my CO once.

It was because I'd been a victim of fraud, and they wanted me to fill out a form and speak to one of their investigators. I refused, because I had the RMP working on the case (they even knew who did it), and my own bank had refunded me a load of money I'd had stolen (about two grand). So in my view, other people believed me, so why should I have to go out of my way even more, just because of some dishonest twat.

Anyway, the credit card company phoned up the CO of 1RSME in Chatham (around 2000ish), told him their problem, about me ignoring letters, phone calls etc. To which his reply was

"What do you expect me to do? Walk around camp and look for him?" before putting the phone down.

Ironically, I only found this out because the company explained this to my Mum, when they tried one final attempt to get hold of me. Ironically, that day I was working in the RHQ Post Room, which was situated under his office :D

9. You could have done the copper for pissing in the car park, you know?

10. Do the army have an agreement with the boxheads when their soldiers commit an offence? They always call the RMP when a soldier gets arrested.

11. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Your mum's a bloke and was your CO. I bet you got good CR's.

12. Mid 80s me and a couple of mates were severly pi55ed up and drove into a German car, both cars were write offs and we all ended up in hospital. Tried hiding it from my CO but he found out. :roll:

13. Human fookin rights?

The two words that have been the downfall of this country for the last few years, Human and rights.

You broke the law, get over it.

Fook me, servicemen will be wanting the right to appeal against extras next!

14. yes stacker1 the GCP have to by law, to report all incidents involving military personnel to the military authorities.

15. Then thats explains why the Delhispearman's CO got to know about him speeding then.