Vintage Officers Jackets

Discussion in 'Officers' started by KBO, Oct 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. KBO

KBO

Hello I am looking for vintage or antique officers' jackets (Guards and Royal Navy).

Does anybody hace ideas about where I could find those?

Trawled the web but most of it is repro/ costumes. I am looking for the original thing.

Many thanks

Eric

2. There was a room on the ground floor in Buller Barracks Mess that was full of vintage snr offrs' kit - i assume it had once been used as the RCT tailor's shop. It was incredible, like Mr Bens, as if somebody had just close the door one day and not gone back into work...

...probably doesn't help much, Buller was pulled down this year, but i thought i'd share with you!!

3. KBO

KBO

Thank you!
    Any idea who I could call / mail to locate that inventory?

Thanks

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Was there a pair of brand new Blues trousers in there? I've been posted round a few times and can't remember where I put them.

5. Try this chap, Ex-Scaley, with a shop full of militaria and the ability to source anything from a replacement heliograph mirror to .... well you get the idea:

Q&C MILITARIA

6. Do you want the kit for a production of HMS Pinafore?

7. You could also try the "Hogspear" store on eBay.

8. KBO

KBO

Thanks very much! Will look him up.
    Eric

9. KBO

KBO

Thank you. I called them. The "Captain" was out gallivanting or foraging new inventory. Spoke to a lady and asked if i could speak to him at some stage but was told (i quote) "He is too busy. We sell our things on eBay quickly and don't handle requests."

No place for enthusiasts in the Captain's business model I suppose.

But we're not quitters are we...

Thanks anyway

Eric

10. KBO

KBO

No mate, former Naval man myself. I am moving abroad for a while and would love to have two jackets (Army and RN) to remind me of our green pastures and our boys doing a remarkable job for us in far away lands at the moment.

E

11. Sorry to go off topic but has Buller finally been demolished?

Stayed there during my resettlement and had a brilliant time.

I must be almost unique in that I am saddened to learn this.

Bugger :sad:

12. KBO

KBO

For ?

13. KBO

KBO

Had a look. Only one tunic. Worth calling him?

E

14. i was invited to the farewell party earlier this year, so i assume it has gone. To be fair most of it was condemned 15 years ago!