Vintage F1 on Freeview

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by maguire, Mar 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

for some reason I've got a repeat of the 1994 Oz GP on channel 301 on freeview right now - not that I'm complaining mind. Muddy Talker, slicks and big wings, and no ad breaks.

it's giving me wood...

2. I think this is the one where fatty Mansell got his last F1 win .

3. OOOhhh nice to see a John Barnard designed Ferrari as well .
    When the cars looked like sex.

4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

the 95 and 96 cars (particularly the 95 Benetton and the 96 Williams) are some of *the* best looking F1 cars imho.

Hill should have been the 94 WDC - schumacher cheated his way to the 94 title.

5. I remember getting up at sill o'clock to watch this, My missus was gutted with the Hill , Schumacher incident.
    All i wanted to see was a red car winning.

6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

blimey, theyve got the 96 Oz gp on now. superb.

7. Fecking awesome , Proper racing , fat slicks , overtaking,well enjoyed that.

8. Eddie Turbine , What a driver..

9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

and they've just played 'the chain'... and I'm spent. * flops back in chair, sighs contentedly *

ooh... turbo cars now. blimey charlie...

10. For non pikeys who have no use for 'freeview', does anyone know what channel it is on, on Sky? If I can't get it on Sky, I may have to go into my car as that has Freeview. :roll:

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

no idea, I'm watching it on freeview 301. try the BBC interactive thingy.

12. Cool, cheers for that mate, got it!

13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

just dont flush my head down the toilet again ok? and you can have my dinner money too. :(

14. Good to hear the voice of James the Shunt again as well.

15. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

iirc the Goodyear tyre techs had recommended Mansell be brought in for a tyre change literally seconds before Mansell's rear exploded. mind you, thats marginally more respectable than turning off the engine and then blaming it on the mechanics.