Vintage F1 on Freeview

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
for some reason I've got a repeat of the 1994 Oz GP on channel 301 on freeview right now - not that I'm complaining mind. Muddy Talker, slicks and big wings, and no ad breaks.

it's giving me wood...

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
the 95 and 96 cars (particularly the 95 Benetton and the 96 Williams) are some of *the* best looking F1 cars imho.

Hill should have been the 94 WDC - schumacher cheated his way to the 94 title.

I remember getting up at sill o'clock to watch this, My missus was gutted with the Hill , Schumacher incident.
All i wanted to see was a red car winning.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
blimey, theyve got the 96 Oz gp on now. superb.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
and they've just played 'the chain'... and I'm spent. * flops back in chair, sighs contentedly *

ooh... turbo cars now. blimey charlie...

For non pikeys who have no use for 'freeview', does anyone know what channel it is on, on Sky? If I can't get it on Sky, I may have to go into my car as that has Freeview. :roll:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
no idea, I'm watching it on freeview 301. try the BBC interactive thingy.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
just dont flush my head down the toilet again ok? and you can have my dinner money too. :(

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
iirc the Goodyear tyre techs had recommended Mansell be brought in for a tyre change literally seconds before Mansell's rear exploded. mind you, thats marginally more respectable than turning off the engine and then blaming it on the mechanics.

Yep He never did have much luck with tyres or pit stops, Remember the Portuguese GP when he lost one of his wheels.
Murray was a right old jinx on him as well.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
being a whining brummie git didnt help either.