Vinnie Jones soldier son to be sent to Afghanistan

How come there was no "Smudge Snrs son is off on tour" each time I went away???! Harruummmph.

How long d'ya reckon before Sky replaces Kemp with Vinnie and sends him out to the desert?

See, I thought the clue was in the title "Current Affairs, News and Analysis".

Perhaps we can change the forum name to "Celebrity Obsessed Newspaper Drivel whilst ignoring any of the important issues" - then this kind of story would fit right in.

BrokenArrow said:
How long d'ya reckon before Sky replaces Kemp with Vinnie and sends him out to the desert?
They could always do back to back tours, donate Vinnie's fee's or any profits of programmes to H4H/RBL :wink:

After all thats what Jones Jnr signed up for is'nt it?

Is it me or does he look like (a he's just been swimming in his No 2s or (b he has been sweating an awful lot???

Well I think it adds a little human interest to the conflict and shows that there is a celeb that is very much 'on-side' :) and fully in support of the folks out there. Far better than the the vacuous ramblings of those tossers in 'I am a celeb' which seem to get far more press at the moment.
:x

T24D said:
Is it me or does he look like (a he's just been swimming in his No 2s or (b he has been sweating an awful lot???
I seem to remember that at his (Jones' currant-bun's) passing out parade, it was chucking it down.

MsG

Since when as somebodies son going to war been front page news?

There's another 9000 sons and daughters out there already, with another 8999 going....

Bugsy said:
T24D said:
I seem to remember that at his (Jones' currant-bun's) passing out parade, it was chucking it down.

MsG
Thats correct Bugsy, tried searching for a AV but no joy.

My first post to you wonderful lot:) :D
Leave Vinnie alone, he gave me many enjoyable matches with Wealdstone FC in the eighties.
Mind you in those days he had shoulder length hair and was nothing like the hard man image he has today.
"Soft as pig sh*t" comes to mind,
Good luck to his son and all the other lads out there :!:

chocolate_frog said:
Since when as somebodies son going to war been front page news?

There's another 9000 sons and daughters out there already, with another 8999 going....
I think it is of interest, the young lad could probably have made a lucrative living as a "celebrity" like so many other children of famous people. The fact that he has chosen to join the army and is about to be deployed is a far more interesting "celebrity" story than anything Katie Price does in the "jungle" IMO.

I also quite liked this bit;

The ex-Wimbledon and Wales footballer, who has been making morale-boosting visits to talk to injured troops back in Britain,

Does this mean that you get a choice in the modern Army :?