Vince Cable - Is he racist?

Brexit: Older Leave voters nostalgic for 'white' Britain, says Cable

I don't consider this a Brexit thread, this is purely about Vince Cable's anti-white stance.

Cable: Brexit vote was 'white nostalgia'

Too many older people who voted for Brexit were "driven by nostalgia" for a world where "faces were white," Sir Vince Cable has said.
The Lib Dem leader said the votes of the older generation had "crushed the hopes and aspirations of young people for years to come."
The Lib Dem leader went to say too many older voters were driven by "nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink".

I can't comment for anyone else but this article clarifies why I will never vote for Cable or his cronies.

The "racists to blame for Brexit" meme burned itself out about a year ago. Diane Abbott had made the same claim and was confronted by a leave voter on Question Time. "Why am I racist?" he asked. Diane had one of her famous diabetic stammering fits.

Glad to see that Vince is catching up with the rest of the world. Perhaps the telly at the old folks home is broken and there is nothing else to do.

I don't consider this a Brexit thread, this is purely about Vince Cable's anti-white stance.

Too many older people who voted for Brexit were "driven by nostalgia" for a world where "faces were white," Sir Vince Cable has said.
The Lib Dem leader said the votes of the older generation had "crushed the hopes and aspirations of young people for years to come."
The Lib Dem leader went to say too many older voters were driven by "nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink".

I can't comment for anyone else but this article clarifies why I will never vote for Cable or his cronies.
Whether or not it's correct, I have no idea what kind of mental gymnastics you have to make to work out that accusing others of being racist is somehow racist.

Given that Cable is 75 I can only presume that he's either talking about his own actions and opinions or referring to the older then him generation.

Mind you the older generation appear to be able to get to a voting booth in time.

The people most opposed to immigration tend to be black brown and yellow because they can see the problems the rest of the world bring with them to the uk and are fully aware that in many areas the country is going downhill and increasingly divided

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
The people most opposed to immigration tend to be black brown and yellow because they can see the problems the rest of the world bring with them to the uk and are fully aware that in many areas the country is going downhill and increasingly divided

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I spent a couple of years in the Recruitment industry - I was young and needed the money.

The pinnacle of my glorious sales career was selling a Nigerian part-qual to the Indian CFO of a West London car dealership. I learned much from that transaction and it impressed the hell out of my manager and postponed her unsuccessful attempt to sack me by at least six months..

The "racists to blame for Brexit" meme burned itself out about a year ago. Diane Abbott had made the same claim and was confronted by a leave voter on Question Time. "Why am I racist?" he asked. Diane had one of her famous diabetic stammering fits.

Glad to see that Vince is catching up with the rest of the world. Perhaps the telly at the old folks home is broken and there is nothing else to do.
The British Asian vote for Brexit contains a few surprises

Whether or not it's correct, I have no idea what kind of mental gymnastics you have to make to work out that accusing others of being racist is somehow racist.
Not that hard:

Old people voted for Brexit( 1)
People who voted for Brexit are racist(2)
Old people are racist(3)
I am old therefore I must be racist.(4)

(1)The Lib Dem leader said the votes of the older generation had "crushed the hopes and aspirations of young people for years to come."

(2)The Lib Dem leader went to say too many older voters were driven by "nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink".

(3)The Lib Dem leader went to say too many older voters were driven by "nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink".

(4)Sir John Vincent Cable MP (born 9 May 1943), known as Vince Cable,

There you go;)

Perhaps not racist, more out of touch and a little irrelevant in his strange idea of white faces (just like his party) and "imperialist pink", while he's waving his out-of-date race and age cards about. I don't dislike liberalism but even to someone who dislikes politics and is sick to death of Brexit, this is a strange and predictable statement from someone who's run out of cogent arguments and time.

Arent these the same people
Who voted leave who voted to join in the 70s?
Not really, most of those are dead. :wink:

You just have to look at this tosser's predecessors, to realise that the 'LimpDicks' are scraping the bottom of the barrel with him, Clegg,Farron and,Cable !

We've now got to the "if all else fails, just play the race card".

He's 4 years older than me but, if he had said this to my face, he wouldn't have a problem with the 'transgender' vote,'cos he wouldn't have a pair and would sing in a higher register.

I'd like to see the information Vince is basing his statement on.

Having said that I wouldn't trust the libs to run a coconut shy let a lone a country.

Last edited:

I'm a tad disappointed that the thread is in relation to him being anti white, I had hoped it would be him being anti 'human race', he does seem to be on another planet for much of the time :)

Given that Cable is 75 I can only presume that he's either talking about his own actions and opinions or referring to the older then him generation.

Mind you the older generation appear to be able to get to a voting booth in time.
Ah, well. If your hopes and aspirations don't include getting out of bed and voting, the remainder of your life will invariably consist of an endless litany of disappointment.

Why would leaving (or even joining) a political union at a national level crush the hopes and aspirations of a particular demographic group? Does he think they all aspire to be MEPs?

If young people, post-Brexit want to go and live and work in another country, they will still be free to apply. Of course, they'd have to prove their value to the receiving country, but what's so bad about that, exactly?

Somewhat of a Chicken Licken view, it seems to me. The sky is not falling in, Brexit or no Brexit.

Not that hard:

Old people voted for Brexit( 1)
People who voted for Brexit are racist(2)
Old people are racist(3)
I am old therefore I must be racist.(4)

(1)The Lib Dem leader said the votes of the older generation had "crushed the hopes and aspirations of young people for years to come."

(2)The Lib Dem leader went to say too many older voters were driven by "nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink".

(3)The Lib Dem leader went to say too many older voters were driven by "nostalgia for a world where passports were blue, faces were white and the map was coloured imperial pink".

(4)Sir John Vincent Cable MP (born 9 May 1943), known as Vince Cable,

There you go;)
Check out the word in red.

Somewhat of a Chicken Licken view, it seems to me. The sky is not falling in, Brexit or no Brexit.
This sums up most of my opinion on Brexit.

It will have nowhere near as big an effect on life as either side insist it will.