Vince Cable fined $500 for tax evasion

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Oct 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Vince Cable 'forgot' to pay £25,000 vat on earnings extra to his wage as MP.....Just saying....

2. Sorry, non story. Vince Cable made a mistake, this was spotted by his accountants who he pays to check this stuff, he fessed up, paid up got a fine reduced because he owned up and paid up so quickly. All in all he made a mistake, realised it and did the right thing to correct it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a great fan of the bloke and I think there are several other things he has to answer for. However, this isn't one of them.

3. The man is a **** of the first water. Death is not too severe a penalty for "Doctor" Cable. A man whose thesis written on industrialisation of small Latin American nations in 1973, largely overtaken by events, apparently qualifies him to pontificate on everything and anything business or economic...

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I'd like to know who it was who leaked details of his tax affairs to the press.

"Taxpayer confidentiality" is supposed to be one of the watchwords that guides HMRC.