village of white German al-Qaeda insurgents

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by singha61, Sep 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Daily Telegraph
    By Dean Nelson in New Delhi and Allan Hall in Berlin
    Published: 11:44AM BST 25 Sep 2009
    Investigators have discovered a "Jihadi village" of white German al-Qaeda insurgents, including Muslim converts, in Pakistan's tribal areas close to the Afghan border.
    The village, in Taliban-controlled Waziristan, is run by the notorious al-Qaeda-affiliated Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, which plots raids on Nato forces in Afghanistan.

A recruitment video presents life in the village as a desirable lifestyle choice with schools, hospitals, pharmacies and day care centres, all at a safe distance from the front.

In the video, the presenter, "Abu Adam", the public face of the group in Germany, points his finger and asks: "Doesn't it appeal to you? We warmly invite you to join us!"

According to German foreign ministry officials a growing number of German families, many of North African descent, have taken up the offer and travelled to Waziristan where supporters say converts make up some of the insurgents' most dedicated fighters.
  2. as long as they get dead before they get any our our guys, then it's a good thing.
  3. Did'nt AQ release a video about the same time as the German elections, promising attacks if Germany did'nt pull it's troops out of Afghanistan?

I would imagine a white Muslim convert would be high on Al Queda's wish list...
  4. My bold - I would imagine a white Muslim convert WILL be high on the death list of the German troops serving in Afghanistan.
  5. No doubt. But if AQ has any sense, they won't put him anywhere near the front line. He(or she, of course)would do far more damage back in the Fatherland.
  6. If you re-arrange Waziristan, you end up with "A WRIST NAZI"....
    or "NAZI IST WAR"... Coincidence? I think not!
  7. Not the first time a German has converted to Islam. Riff war in Morocco, there was a deserter called Klems who taught the tribesman the finer point of modern weaponry against his former French employers.
  8. Nowt new as has been said, mind you their were enough squaddies who went and 'fought' for the IRA or UDA, against their former comrades.
  9. I was searching through Live Leak the other day and came across this video of tooled up Jihadi looking chaps talking in German.

German Taliban
  10. "According to German foreign ministry officials a growing number of German families, many of North African descent,"

Adolph just rotated in his grave.
  11. Well if the Luftwaffe are looking for more civilians to bomb...this could definitely be target for tonight - to coin a phrase!
  12. Katze Stevens bitte?
  13. German efficiancy and Islamic fanticism - a chilling combination! 8O :twisted:

IIRC, Mohammed Atta, field leader of the 9/11 attacks, went to collage in Germany.
  14. Not just him:
  15. I've had a squint at that and I recon it is dubbed.

Sound quality of the guys speaking is a little bit too good for your standard jihadi video.