village of white German al-Qaeda insurgents

Daily Telegraph
By Dean Nelson in New Delhi and Allan Hall in Berlin
Published: 11:44AM BST 25 Sep 2009
Investigators have discovered a "Jihadi village" of white German al-Qaeda insurgents, including Muslim converts, in Pakistan's tribal areas close to the Afghan border.
The village, in Taliban-controlled Waziristan, is run by the notorious al-Qaeda-affiliated Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, which plots raids on Nato forces in Afghanistan.

A recruitment video presents life in the village as a desirable lifestyle choice with schools, hospitals, pharmacies and day care centres, all at a safe distance from the front.

In the video, the presenter, "Abu Adam", the public face of the group in Germany, points his finger and asks: "Doesn't it appeal to you? We warmly invite you to join us!"

According to German foreign ministry officials a growing number of German families, many of North African descent, have taken up the offer and travelled to Waziristan where supporters say converts make up some of the insurgents' most dedicated fighters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...lage-of-white-German-al-Qaeda-insurgents.html

Did'nt AQ release a video about the same time as the German elections, promising attacks if Germany did'nt pull it's troops out of Afghanistan?

I would imagine a white Muslim convert would be high on Al Queda's wish list...

Werewolf said:
Did'nt AQ release a video about the same time as the German elections, promising attacks if Germany did'nt pull it's troops out of Afghanistan?

My bold - I would imagine a white Muslim convert WILL be high on the death list of the German troops serving in Afghanistan.

Alec_Lomas said:
Werewolf said:

My bold - I would imagine a white Muslim convert WILL be high on the death list of the German troops serving in Afghanistan.
No doubt. But if AQ has any sense, they won't put him anywhere near the front line. He(or she, of course)would do far more damage back in the Fatherland.

Not the first time a German has converted to Islam. Riff war in Morocco, there was a deserter called Klems who taught the tribesman the finer point of modern weaponry against his former French employers.

Nowt new as has been said, mind you their were enough squaddies who went and 'fought' for the IRA or UDA, against their former comrades.

"According to German foreign ministry officials a growing number of German families, many of North African descent,"

Adolph just rotated in his grave.
john

Well if the Luftwaffe are looking for more civilians to bomb...this could definitely be target for tonight - to coin a phrase!

Alec_Lomas said:
Werewolf said:

Katze Stevens bitte?

JoseyWales said:
Alec_Lomas said:
Werewolf said:

Katze Stevens bitte?
German efficiancy and Islamic fanticism - a chilling combination! 8O :twisted:

IIRC, Mohammed Atta, field leader of the 9/11 attacks, went to collage in Germany.

Werewolf said:
JoseyWales said:
Alec_Lomas said:
Werewolf said:

Katze Stevens bitte?

IIRC, Mohammed Atta, field leader of the 9/11 attacks, went to collage in Germany.
Not just him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_cell

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Werewolf said:

What is it with Germanic Art Students and fanaticism? :D

Andy_S said:
SNIP
Nowt new as has been said, mind you their were enough squaddies who went and 'fought' for the IRA or UDA, against their former comrades.
SNIP

Really? For the IRA? Who on earth were these guys?
There was aCSgt from the Paras who joined PIRA and there was another in the QRIH who was in PIRA as well!

Werewolf said:
He also went to collage in NY - at least bits of him were scrapped all over the shop there...a pointillist statement perhaps? A load of Jackson Pollocks.

I think a bit more worrying is how many Brits are out there fighting for the Taliban, does anybody know of any figures.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
scalieback The Intelligence Cell 4
Forces_Sweetheart Films, Music and All Things Artsy 16
C The NAAFI Bar 70