Viking just cant say no

ThisIsSparta!! said:
Hello there :D

My application to join is now under way, having completed the BARB/Key skills and the Med Forms. Just waiting for interview dates. My main choice for career path is to join the Infantry. It has been for a long time now but something about my choice has been bugging me a little.

I'm 29 at present and will very soon be 30. I'm not insecure about my age but I would like to know if people feel that applicants my age are compatible with that particular role? I would love to know other peoples views on this. I realise that if my decision comes to fruition then I will be training with people much younger than me and have to take orders from people much younger than me etc. This, I feel, does not bother me in the slightest. My family are 100% behind me in my decision.

When I completed the BARB with a score of 72, my recruiter told me that a person of my maturity would better suit one of the more trade like roles which I feel is very good advice but I just don't fancy any of the other roles.

Anyway, what do other people think? Joining the Infantry at 30, A good idea? :?
Forget it pal quit dreaming, and with an attitude like yours, your bound to last all of erm about 5mins in any INF BN and any other part of the army for that matter.

Just my opinion, im free to as are you. Before you spout of with an incoherent shower of s**t, i have been there and one it. Good luck

Does anyone on here give good and serious advice to those who want to join up or is it just all nay-sayers. I have never came across so much arrogance in my life.. Danviking that was a sh1t post.

P

PrinceAlbert

viking21 said:
Does anyone on here give good and serious advice to those who want to join up or is it just all nay-sayers. I have never came across so much arrogance in my life.. Danviking that was a sh1t post.
I'm all for people joining the Army. I am also in favour of giving out realistic advice. Some people don't want to hear it however.

viking21 said:
As s**t as you may think it was i cant help feeling that there was some truth in it. Im merely pointing out that with an attitude overhaul on his part he could go far.

Anyhow I gather your 1r.anglian? what coy are you in mate?

Dan1vikings08 said:
viking21 said:
As s**t as you may think it was i cant help feeling that there was some truth in it. Im merely pointing out that with an attitude overhaul on his part he could go far.

Stay on thread now Daniel. It was shite, no inspiration at all total loser. :roll:

P

PrinceAlbert

Dan1vikings08 said:
viking21 said:

He's not in the Army yet.....he's a mong.

I was in Ebrington with you lot.

P

PrinceAlbert

Dan1vikings08 said:
so what coy are you in then?
I'm not in the Anglians, I just happened to share the same Bks as you guys. We stayed up in Clooney though.

FiveAlpha said:
Dan1vikings08 said:
what coy are you in mate?
Fcuking McDonalds.
Listen to you :roll: , I'd like to see where you where at my age, what qualifications you had etc... If you would take a moment to take your head from your ARRSE's you would relise that there is people on here who are yet to join and are in the process of doing so. A bit of inspiration towards them would be great, but you don't know it.

Mate it's your life if you want to join infantry join infantry just make sure you really want it. It doesn't take any military experience to tell you that! Good luck.

Latest Threads