Viewing pictures on the Family Military Photos thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by basso, Jan 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just recently discovered The Family Military Photos thread, and being laid up with a dose of the gout, am using the time to slowly work my way through it. And very enjoyable it is too.
    Apart from one thing. The majority of the pics are represented by a small red x and take quite some time to 'develop'
    I right click them and hope, most appear, but a few do not, but I wonder if there is a better way?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You are talking about a thread that is almost 5 years old at its start, so it is hardly surprising that some of the hosted pictures will no longer be available. Likewise it sounds as though your browser is 'timing out' on resolving some of the other ones. This could be due to a large number of factors from speed of your internet connection to the amount of bandwidth available to the host. If you get the red cross right clicking and refreshing the picture download is probably the most efficient way to go about it!

It really is a great thread, and it is a shame that some of the pictures are now lost !
  3. Thank you Gremlin, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

I shall continue to right click my way through the thread, it is indeed a fascinating and informative piece of work.