View Your Posts

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Count.Dracule, Feb 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I suffer a little from OCD and therfore like to keep things orderly, so how can i clean up and delete some of the posts i have commented on but am no longer interested in? :?

2. You can delete until replied to, then you can edit.

3. I dont want to delete my posts, i want to delete whole threads i no longer comment on, can we do this?

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

By going in and doing it manually for each one. No function exists to delete a post unless it hasn't been answered (or you're a moderator)

5. Including other peoples threads? Or just yours?? You meglomaniac

6. Please see my post above, not wanting to delete posts, but whole threads, is it possible? It will drive me stir crazy if i can't! a bit like cleaning up you emails etc

7. Sixty

No.

8. Good lord :x

I do not want to delete threads in general i just want to clean up the ones saved in my posts...

9. You can't they are in internetland now :policecap:

10. Simple question=Simple answer

Thankyou!

Now i will just sit here and go ever so slightly mad :D

Unless you MOD's fix it! :)

11. Sixty

Good CO might be able to provide an idea of whether it's something he's looking into or not. Probably worth waiting until he sees this.

12. Surely by deleting whole threads that you have commented on, would delete them for everyone else. 8O

Can't you do something like normal OCD sufferers, like continually washing your hands, or locking your car and continually checking to see if it's locked? :twisted:

13. Sixty

No, he's on about when you click on 'My Posts' up there ^ under My Stuff. It lists all the threads you've commented on and he wants them removed from that page, not the threads themselves deleted.

14. You could always 'kill yourself' and come back as another idio.. er..Avatar.

15. Ah! ok, that makes more sense.