Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

View from Pakistan

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
littlejim said:
As an elephant it's true that technically I can be described as a pachyderm.

However there's no doubt at all that the term 'pachy' implies that the user is a speciest.

No. It implies that the user thinks you may also be a hippopotamus or a rhinoceros , both of which are also pachyderms.

Yours aye

Clampot J Pedantry (Mrs)

wildcard.rgbw

War Hero
Command_doh said:
ctauch said:
Command_doh said:
PC Police? Nah, mate. Wake up and smell reality - its the world we live in now.

No it's the world you live in and foster you insipid snivelling cunt. I don't bow to the almighty word police, a paki is a paki, just as a wop is a wop, etc...

Those that are offended by a name are small meaningless twats with no sense of worth outside of a label or title embellished to make them fell good.

I'm guessing you are a crusty old cnut who laments the lost world of yester year, unable to function in society, bereft of any semblance of reality? I don't foster it, I just know that thats how it is, quite simply. Why don't you wake up and chuck the Daily Mail away? There is fcuk all you can do about it. If I said 'paki', 'gypo', 'dyke', 'bender' or 'wog' anywhere near a colleague or boss (UK Border Agency), I would be out instantly. So would a lot of people.

Call me a snivelling cnut all you want if it makes you hard at this time of night. Like I said, I don't even know who the fcuk you are, so I'm****ed if i give two hoots about an opinion (remember, this is a forum and opinions are like arrseholes) from someone who has nothing better to do on a Friday night than drunkenly cheap shot someone with personal digs.

Ok! You sir, are a snivelling cnut. :D

Sixty said:
stacker1 said:
Sixty said:
Because here in the UK it's a racial slur and used as such. Stateside it's not. Simple enough?

Is it? So why do a number of them have "proud to be a Paki" tattooed on them then?

Read the answer above your post.

It can't be much of a slur if they are proud to have it tattooed on themselves unless you mean its only racist when other people use the word.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
stacker1 said:
It can't be much of a slur if they are proud to have it tattooed on themselves unless you mean its only racist when other people use the word.

For the same reason that some black people will happily refer to themselves as 'niggers' I'd imagine or the Conservatives are happy to label themselves 'Tories'. Both terms were used as insults but if you claim them as your own, they lose their sting, no?

Sixty said:
stacker1 said:

For the same reason that some black people will happily refer to themselves as 'niggers' I'd imagine or the Conservatives are happy to label themselves 'Tories'. Both terms were used as insults but if you claim them as your own, they lose their sting, no?

So its not an insult if a pakistani calls himself a paki? but it is if anyone does? Isnt that racist?

stacker1 said:
Sixty said:
stacker1 said:

So its not an insult if a pakistani calls himself a paki? but it is if anyone does? Isnt that racist?

Welcome to the Alice in Wonderland world of double standards.